"Fat Switch" could use different waist sizes :)

rsf1977_again

Power User
So, I've recently fell in love with a beautiful full figured feature in the AxeFx II ... Miss Fat Switch. What a lady. I was reading the wiki about it and as I understand it ..."The Fat Switch multiplies the tone stack treble cap by four. Depending upon the type of tone stack, tone control settings, position, etc., etc. the effect can be more or less noticeable." It's awesome, but as we know it's on/off and that's it. So... could we have a setting like "amp hardness" where we could set the multiplier to a different amount. A little flexibility to customize it's effect would be awesome.

I don't agree.

A Fat switch on amps that have one are either on or off, it is what it is you either like it on or off and can tweak other controls to tailor your sound. There are more than enough amp or effects parameters that can be added and tweaked to achieve tonal, drive, dynamic or volume differences.

ummmmmmm.... so are you are saying the reason you don't want it is because that's the way real amps are? There are more controls in the AxeFx that go against that statement, than for it, but hey if that's how you feel no worries. ;)

Tends to be par for the course on this forum these days... someone puts up a request/idea/wish whatever and someone immediately shoots it down or disagrees..
I like blue...
Not me.. I hate blue.. you should use red.

The fat switch can really be killer on some amp models.. I know I use it on one of the Marshalls (forget which one) but I eq the amp to work w/ the switch on.

so no one is allowed to disagree with any wishes? lame.

but after they make the fat switch more complex, i wish they can add an Easy Mode ability for those who don't want it so complicated and just want an on/off like normal.

I don't see why it can't be adjustable like the saturation switch. Still, there's so many ways to achieve a desired goal at this point that I personally think that any benefit from this would be marginal

Good idea. To those who disagree: Put the switch in easy access, and hide the adjustment value in the Adv area somewhere. But having the choice would be handy... Just like Saturation, having the ability to make it a little less severe can be PERFECT. I only discovered Sat recently, and it's kinda like Boost switch - a little too heavy handed at times as an on/off, but the ability to tame it slightly (or, make it more severe!) can just plug a hole perfectly.

I second this wish.

Lets say there is a second parameter for fat switch in advanced page, you dont have to tweak it and can keep it on same spot and you can carry on using just the on off button as before.

so no one is allowed to disagree with any wishes? lame.

but after they make the fat switch more complex, i wish they can add an Easy Mode ability for those who don't want it so complicated and just want an on/off like normal.

Back
Top Bottom