Bug? Fat switch and bright switch not working

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
The fat switch on all the 50 and 100 watt Plexi and 1987x amps doesn't seem to be doing anything at all since upgrading to 11.05 and the new Axe Edit. I tried upgrading both again but got the same result. The fat switch still works on several of the Fender amps I've tried so far since updating. Any one else having this problem?

Just checked and the bright switch isn't working at all for those amps either with the new Axe Edit.

Working 100% here, on front panel and through AE.
11.04 (Edit: 11.05) and 3.02.
The impact of FAT differs from amp to amp. On the Plexi is subtle.

Last edited:
Working 100% here, on front panel and through AE.
11.04 and 3.02.
The impact of FAT differs from amp to amp. On the Plexi is subtle.

Did the both the fat and bright switches work for you on all those amps? I am on 11.05. All the 50 watt Plexis and the 1987x amps were the ones where the fat and bright switches weren't working thru Axe Edit for me. I re-installed 11.05 and got the same results. I'll try re-installing the new Axe Edit and see what happens.

Update: I just read Cliffs post about this on another thread. It looks like this might normal. I sure thought the bright switch and fat switches made audible differences on the Plexis before though.

Last edited:
Working well for me here on the Plexi 50W Normal. FAT is pretty subtle on this amp. BRIGHT isn't as subtle. 11.05 and 3.0.2.

Did the both the fat and bright switches work for you on all those amps? I am on 11.05. All the 50 watt Plexis and the 1987x amps were the ones where the fat and bright switches weren't working thru Axe Edit for me. I re-installed 11.05 and got the same results. I'll try re-installing the new Axe Edit and see what happens.

Update: I just read Cliffs post about this on another thread. It looks like this might normal. I sure thought the bright switch and fat switches made audible differences on the Plexis before though.

I should have written: 11.05.

Yes they both work. Bright: very noticeable, Fat: very subtle.

Back
Top Bottom