FAS, you do me no good ... ;-)

Hhuent

Experienced
Me and my wife had breakfast this morning, everything you wish for, hot buttered toast, marmelade, italian ham, scrambled eggs, coffee - and in between, on the same table, my ax8, macbook, headphone preamp, cables and stuff - from last night when I updated from FW 4 to 6 beta. The table shurely looked like a mess! My wife kept putting food on the table without saing a word. I kept playing my old trusted tele and went through the presets, my headphones on. My wife went on with her breakfast, I realised in the distance I must have had some coffee, a piece of cake, I dunno... Through some kind of curtain I noticed she finished (not with me yet?) breakfast, got up and got dressed for going to town. I kept going through the presets - man, this sounded so heavenly... She came back from the bathroom, looked at me straight, took the keys and left, still no word.

Do you think this is a bad sign? Now I am sitting here, all alone.
But man, those sounds! Drives which I did not care for in the past, Hook amps, polished Fenders... Incredible!

FAS!! I will sue the shit out of you if my wife won´t come back!!
You do me no good.
But please keep doing.

Lonesome greetings from Germany,

your halfhappy customer hhuent

Last edited:
You seriously need to evaluate what the important things in life are. Not a joke.

(Coming from a former semi-pro musician, who've destroyed a couple of relationsships in the past, in always putting music first)

Atonement time! Take her out to dinner man!

I'm sure the restaurant will run an extension out for the AX8 if you buy an extra starter.

Well.
we met in town some hours ago. She found some nice grey velour suede shoes that fit perfectly to her trousers. I payed the bill. We then went to a coffee shop and we had a few drinks - she loves prosecco. I payed the bill. Then we went to an italian restaurant, she had a squid salad and a medium to raw "rump steak" with porcini (mushrooms) and tagliatelle (XL spaghetti?). We had a few drinks. I payed the bill. ;-))
Happy customer now (me? she?)
@GuitaRasmus. I know where you´re coming from. I could write a book. Thanks for your thoughts. My lil story was half bs (but true talking about the AX8), in the first place I wanted to fool around about how crazy we are when it comes to our hobbies. Believe me - this is not what I normally do.
@pima1234, make a leap from Michigan, have a hot buttered toast. I´ll put the AX8 on the floor so you can sit at the table ;-)
@Toopy14 and @maxdown: thanks for your concern. All is well.

Do we agree? Wifes come first. But music comes in a close second ;-)

Last edited:
You seriously need to evaluate what the important things in life are. Not a joke.

(Coming from a former semi-pro musician, who've destroyed a couple of relationships in the past, in always putting music first)

Amen to that....I learned the hard way and a bit too late..............................

The term I've heard is "Guitar Widow". IE - she's married but he spends more time playing the guitar than being with her. It's all about balance and sometimes that's a struggle. Sometimes you've gotta learn new material, new lead breaks, work on those sounds for a gig / rehearsal etc. Sometimes it's awesome fun and sometimes it's a chore. Getting that balance right is the key.

Loved the storey ... hehehe. Great stuff.

The term I've heard is "Guitar Widow". IE - she's married but he spends more time playing the guitar than being with her. It's all about balance and sometimes that's a struggle. Sometimes you've gotta learn new material, new lead breaks, work on those sounds for a gig / rehearsal etc. Sometimes it's awesome fun and sometimes it's a chore. Getting that balance right is the key.

@mmpete thanks for the kind words ;-)
I am making progress by the way: To avoid guitar widow syndrome I booted (no boots) my wife with a new firmware and did not touch the AX8 at all.
Balance is the key. Until FW 7.0 beta comes out...

@mmpete thanks for the kind words ;-)
I am making progress by the way: To avoid guitar widow syndrome I booted (no boots) my wife with a new firmware and did not touch the AX8 at all.
Balance is the key. Until FW 7.0 beta comes out...
Mmmm? Hope your firmware was hard enough.

Yeah... we have a negotiated peace. I have to negotiate to get any peace. Heh heh

Seriously... it DOES get pretty bad sometimes. She has to come up to my woodshed room and drag me out. Fortunately, she is a classically trained musician herself, so she understands. Sort of, anyway. Roughly equivalent to her spending a few hours shopping on her iPhone. :eek:

Yeah... we have a negotiated peace. I have to negotiate to get any peace. Heh heh

Seriously... it DOES get pretty bad sometimes. She has to come up to my woodshed room and drag me out. Fortunately, she is a classically trained musician herself, so she understands. Sort of, anyway. Roughly equivalent to her spending a few hours shopping on her iPhone. :eek:
My better half is a singer herself so we both get it. Neither of us perform as regularly as we'd like but both rehearse on a weekly bases and do our own practice. I feel pretty luck to have a supportive and understanding better half.

Back
Top Bottom