FAS MODERN v10

erockomania

Experienced
Let me start off by saying I've loved the FAS Modern amp since day one.. it's my go-to metal amp. It kills. Slays. It's brootz magootz. Insert other metal term that means badass here. Well I've been playing with V10 for the past hour and it's good... BUT something happened to the low end punch and the top end crunch. Maybe I'll figure it out and I'll get it back, but other amps, such as the 5150 block (which is WAY better with V10!!!!1!!), have the punch. The Top end on the FAS Modern seems... dare I say... mushy? There are more parameters available now so there is a good chance I will figure it out with a more time, but my FAS Modern baby... is different now.

Everything else I've tried has been stellar... far better. So I can definitely say I will stick with V10, but all my FAS Modern patches are now to the point where I must start from scratch. I will assume it will end up being a good thing (with time), but I thought I'd let you FASmod fans know. In the meantime, I will slay dragons and miniature poodles with the 5150 block the the Petrucci cab! :) :evil:mrgreen

I have to redo my 4 amps for 10. It should be very easy though.

As with the other updates, make your new presets using your ears not your eyes. Don't put the drive to 6 simpler because it was 6 before etc. really listen to what the knobs and settings do to the tone as you change them.

Always do.

I have to redo my 4 amps for 10. It should be very easy though.

As with the other updates, make your new presets using your ears not your eyes. Don't put the drive to 6 simpler because it was 6 before etc. really listen to what the knobs and settings do to the tone as you change them.

Let me start off by saying I've loved the FAS Modern amp since day one.. it's my go-to metal amp. It kills. Slays. It's brootz magootz. Insert other metal term that means badass here. Well I've been playing with V10 for the past hour and it's good... BUT something happened to the low end punch and the top end crunch. Maybe I'll figure it out and I'll get it back, but other amps, such as the 5150 block (which is WAY better with V10!!!!1!!), have the punch. The Top end on the FAS Modern seems... dare I say... mushy? There are more parameters available now so there is a good chance I will figure it out with a more time, but my FAS Modern baby... is different now.

Everything else I've tried has been stellar... far better. So I can definitely say I will stick with V10, but all my FAS Modern patches are now to the point where I must start from scratch. I will assume it will end up being a good thing (with time), but I thought I'd let you FASmod fans know. In the meantime, I will slay dragons and miniature poodles with the 5150 block the the Petrucci cab! :) :evil:mrgreen

Have you tried turning MIMIC off in the advanced tab? I noticed the same difference on this amp type last night. Quite a difference. Haven't tried what I just suggested yet, but that might be an easy "fix".

Bummer. That's my main rhythm tone too. Will tweak after I finished uploading (doing it now) and will post my take on it also.

\m/

See, and I personally am loving the new FAS Modern. The 5150 Block really is quite a bit improved as well. I just couldn't get my head around it before and now I'm in loooooove. But you know what's got me stumped?

The VH4. I just can't do shit with it. It'll take some serious tweakology to get me happy with that particular model it seems.

See, and I personally am loving the new FAS Modern. The 5150 Block really is quite a bit improved as well. I just couldn't get my head around it before and now I'm in loooooove. But you know what's got me stumped?

The VH4. I just can't do shit with it. It'll take some serious tweakology to get me happy with that particular model it seems.

Same here. I had a GREAT tone dialed in with VH4 channel 3. Now its a mess and i can't figure it out yet.

You know what other model has been freakishly improved that I just touched on? The Bogner Uberschall.

Holy.
Shitballs.

Just noticed that too!

I think I uploaded the presets wrong. What cabs are loaded on the Uber preset for you? Mine are showing the 412 Uber T75 (RW) for both the left and right (and when I switch they both switch together) and there's no mic listed. But when I go to the FAS Modern preset, there's different cabs listed (the rectos) and mics are loaded in.

Am I doing something wrong here? What are the factory numbers for the new IR cab (the new studio pro I've read about).

I noticed the same thing about the Uberschall. In real life, that amp has always been such an odd duck to dial in. The mid knob functions more like treble, the treble knob more like presence, and the presence control behaves more like a contour knob. I think the v10.0 version does a much better job of truly replicating how the real amp responds to changes in these controls.

This amp is definitely getting a lot more attention for me this firmware at any rate.

Well, I haven't messed with the stock cabs yet. I only had a little bit of time, so I have been dialing in presets with a custom cab that I've been mixing with since FW 9.0 - a mix of the OH V31 beta (new) and just a smidge (very small smidge) of the OH 12M cab to give it some hair. I have some time tomorrow so I'll be digging a little deeper and maybe even giving AE a run for it's money.

i love the new FAS modern!!! like you, it's being my go to amp since ze axe-fx 1,

I always had a hard time dialing "ballz" in it without getting a flat muddy tone,

NOW i got huge balls and tone stays tigh as a *insert bad taste comments here.

i use a ts808 infront of the amp, low cut set to 450, mid boosted a bit in the 1400...

on the amp block, i have my bass around 4, mid at 5 and treble at 6, presence 5, dept 2, i cut 2db from 500hz...

i use the german cab with a sm57, and i have a little equing going on to boost the 1250 by around 2db, and low pass to taste...

Anyone checked out Euro Red? Go to the basic preset and kick the drive on. Another very cool amp getting my attention with V10.

Back
Top Bottom