FAS & Mac OS Monterey

bleujazz3

Fractal Fanatic
Hi,

Just thought the FAS community might need to know if their current FAS devices are compatible with Mac OS Monterey, which is now available to the general public and ready for download.

If FAS can safely say that their products are compatible with Monterey, I'll make the transition to the new platform once additional 3rd party apps also announce. If not, can FAS provide an approximate window for their updated firmware/software release date?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I just got the new 14 inch MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip running Monterey OS and FM9 Edit fired right up with no problem. (Unfortunately my FM9 is being repaired right now so hopefully I’ll be able to test that next week sometime).

Thank you. Will wait for additional 3rd party software applications to announce their compatibility before upgrading to Mac OS Monterey 12.0

That’s the safest thing to do for sure. Especially if you rely on a variety of 3rd party software.
Only thing 3rd party is a research library app (much like the blocks libraries) that runs off of Windows and requires a 3rd party app (something akin to Boot Camp or Parallels) that can launch/utilize the library. Most everything else computer-wise is OK.

Only thing 3rd party is a research library app (much like the blocks libraries) that runs off of Windows and requires a 3rd party app (something akin to Boot Camp or Parallels) that can launch/utilize the library. Most everything else computer-wise is OK.
That’s good to hear. Probably should be pretty safe then, but it’s always best to get confirmation for any apps you can’t (temporarily) live without.

That’s good to hear. Probably should be pretty safe then, but it’s always best to get confirmation for any apps you can’t (temporarily) live without.
Yup. Awaiting verification from the 3rd party go-between app for my research library app.

Back
Top Bottom