FAS BrOOtalz Meshugging Madnesses!

EthanC

This is just about as heavy as I've ever been able to attain, especially using Trillian instead of my 5-string. Trying to get that noise floor flat to the ground but it's a real mofo... So believe it or not there's no compression or drive block on the guitars at all. Obviously i throw one of the two 808 drive blocks in every patch i make but i just can't eliminate that damn hum in this piece with it.

Also in this one I finally ditched the remaining parts of Metal Foundry and replaced them with Metal Machine. Blended about 50/50 with my own samples i just love the way the drums crack and thump when they're decently doctored up.

Obviously not perfect but I'd like to think the eternal struggle for deeper/cleaner/louder is at least progressing. Still looking for someone to collaborate with btw ;)

Sounds good bro!

Hey thanks a lot man! I actually just replaced the one i had up last night with another revision that I think sounds even a little better.

I also checked out your channel on soundcloud. That bass in your new groove cover is crushing... Can i ask what it is?

Sounds really good! The mix is very well done too...the drums' sounds are almost perfect...did you apply some plugins to the VI or these are the real sound form the VI?
Thanks!
Stefano

Not bad. The drum production sounds more like Devin than Meshuggah to me, but rippin' nonetheless.

Sounds really good! The mix is very well done too...the drums' sounds are almost perfect...did you apply some plugins to the VI or these are the real sound form the VI?
Thanks!
Stefano
I um... Don't actually know what a "VI" is :p

Not bad. The drum production sounds more like Devin than Meshuggah to me, but rippin' nonetheless.
Thanks! Yeah i started off trying to mimic their tones for guitar/bass/drums but as it progressed, I ended up preferring this version instead of duplicating theirs exactly. I've always felt meshuggah drums lacked a certain "punch" by themselves so who knows, maybe i'll continue on this path and try to make it my own :)

funny read this started thinking does anyone use THORENDALL AMP? Should be pretty Meshuggah ish.

Back
Top Bottom