FAS Boost

jonhep

Inspired
Question for Cliff
Loving the new boost. Just really curious to know what type of boost is this modelled on, if any? Does anyone have any idea or could Cliff the Master chip in?

Which drive block would be closet to a DOD 250 as used by Yngwie?

Many thanks
Jon

Jon, you beat me to it! I was just about to post the exact same question!!! :)

I just tried..Strat -> FAS Boost -> TS808 -> AC30 -> Reverb

WOW!!! No other way to describe it.

Edit: The AC30 sounds fantastic with just the FAS Boost in front of it. Gives it that tight OD tone, just on the verge of breaking up.

Last edited:
Love this new boost! I have the YJM308 pedal (i know its not quite the DOD 250) but its more like the Treb Boost than a tubescreamer if I remember

Absolutely LOVE the new FAS Hot Rot
Absolutely LOVE the new FAS Boost
Absolutely LOVE the new ML Sound Lab Marshall Cabs - this is what I will be spending any xmas money I get, or dammit I will buy myself for xmas.
This is a staggeringly good update, all of these have become my immediate fave go to blocks. Im getting the sound I hear in my head, yey!!!!!

Yep, the boost is a killer. I sized it up with the 808's and derivatives before I went to air with those two vids I put up yesterday (see the Recording forum) and it's tighter and more focused than any of them in my opinion. I'll be swapping out quite a few of my drive blocks for stage use. I don't know what it's modelled on, if anything specifically, and I don't really care; it just sounds and feels really good. Thanks FAS.

Yep, the boost is a killer. I sized it up with the 808's and derivatives before I went to air with those two vids I put up yesterday (see the Recording forum) and it's tighter and more focused than any of them in my opinion. I'll be swapping out quite a few of my drive blocks for stage use. I don't know what it's modelled on, if anything specifically, and I don't really care; it just sounds and feels really good. Thanks FAS.

Hey, I just realized, are you the same dude from the eventide forum who made the preset for Ship Ahoy some years back? I loved that preset and haven't been able to get it quite right on the axe. If you happened to have recreated this for the axe would you be able to share the block? Thanks and loved all those patches you made.

Hey, I just realized, are you the same dude from the eventide forum who made the preset for Ship Ahoy some years back? I loved that preset and haven't been able to get it quite right on the axe. If you happened to have recreated this for the axe would you be able to share the block? Thanks and loved all those patches you made.
Ha! Yeah, that was me I think. The problem with that sound is it was generated by an Oberheim VCF-200, a pedal that disappeared in the late 70's. The Eventide kind of approached the Oberheim's filter depth and we can get kind of close with the FAS filters, but I haven't been able to nail it yet. I think Maestro did a pretty good one too. The only pedal that I've tried (and admittedly there may be others) that comes close is Subdecay's Proteus. It has the depth. I'll consult with Simeon about the S/H in the Axe-FX but as yet I haven't reached our goal. :)

It's perfect for adding gain to and tightening the JTM, my fave, without sacrificing its character and tone. My go to pedal now.

Pretty sure it has got to be based on a tubescreamer only with specifications by Cliff. After trying it out it seemed definitely like a ts variant with a bit less gain. Pretty sure the FAS LED drive is another modded variant of a ts as well with a different clipping style.

I love it as an addition to the drive block. The low and hi cuts were both exactly where I was leaving them on the 808 as of late, so that worked out nicely for me.

I tried the FAS Boost last night and absolutely LOVE it!
I love how it preserves the tone of the guitar/amp/cab and doesn't add an eq of it's own.
I used to have to add a drive then tweak tone/eq to get it to have "that sound", but now I can just add drive, select "FAS Boost", and DONE!

Very impressed with the new boost. It does simply that. Boost. I don't hear a large change in tone when engaging it. Love it.

Also... Burgs, love your YouTube channel. Great demos! ;)

Ha! Yeah, that was me I think. The problem with that sound is it was generated by an Oberheim VCF-200, a pedal that disappeared in the late 70's. The Eventide kind of approached the Oberheim's filter depth and we can get kind of close with the FAS filters, but I haven't been able to nail it yet. I think Maestro did a pretty good one too. The only pedal that I've tried (and admittedly there may be others) that comes close is Subdecay's Proteus. It has the depth. I'll consult with Simeon about the S/H in the Axe-FX but as yet I haven't reached our goal. :)
There's no S/H in the axe is there?

Such a great pedal, pretty much replaced all of my drives with it. Kinda hoping its a klon model because I've always wanted to understand the snobbery surrounding the Klon. FAS Boost is killer

Back
Top Bottom