FAS Bass is G3 - but why no pro UR bass cab IRs yet?

freaky. I was just jamming out to Flyleaf earlier and then here is a sample with flyleaf lol.

Both OH and CK are sounding fantastic and I cant wait for both of you to take my money!

Flyleaf is definitely one of my guilty pleasures. :lol Honestly I didn't like them going to that Paramore direction but it's still pretty good. It's probably the only female fronted band I listen to. :)

Both of these packs are most likely going to be must haves for anyone using bass with their Axe-Fxs. :)

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Pauly

Side note. My friend Justin York just shot me a sound clip using IR's in beta now that about took my face clean off. Make sure you turn the little volume controller up on the embedded forum mp3 player there on the left, because this straight up KILLS!!!

This is using a single IR (nope, not a mix, just a single M88 file) from the "410-BASS AMP-SV" cab (upcoming very soon) for the bass, and a mix IR from the upcoming "214-GTR" series for the guitars. No, that is not a typo, its something new and extremely cool, if I am allowed to say so.

Bass amp and guitar amps were Axe-Fx II, firmware 18.xx.

Thanks a million to Justin for this killer clippage!!! :)

Interesting development. Do keep in mind that the Ampeg 6x10 cab and the 8x10 are not constructed in the same manner. This contributes to the different sounds quite a bit. In an 8x10, each horizontal pair of 10" speakers is acoustically isolated from any other pair. Each pair is within its on infinite baffle box.

6x10 cabs are not constructed in this way. It cuts down on materials, weight, and labor.

This is not to say that 6x10 cabs are not good sounding cabs.

Honestly i have had good results by mixing 2 cabs, one more suited for guitar in UR, the other typically for bass.

But i support your cause., more UR IR's for bass would be a bless. I find the axefx almost better for bass than guitar, where options are open for splitting signal and treating each in a different way, parallel fx and compression, it's all possible and easy enough to program.

I play bass and guitar and only one rig.. awesome!

Back
Top Bottom