FAS and Artists

Malmsteen's Axe-FX has special scales hard coded..

scale 1 = harmonic minor
scale 2 = harmonic minor
scale 3 = harmonic minor
scale 4 = harmonic minor

when he gets his custom XL, he'll be able to add more scales..

the prize for guessing the extra scales will be a vacation for none for 0 days to absolutely nowhere, with a complimentary zero thousand dollars spending money..
yes you heard right.. an unbelievable zero thousand dollars… tax free…

cue loud joyful music..
and then loads of really fast unintelligible talking about all fk know's what followed by the only bit you can understand..
which is…..
"batteries not included"

The Mustaine signature was reckoned to be technically superior to the Metallica version for years, but never sold as well - apparently it wasn't as accessible to mainstream users. The firmware was frequently unstable. It's also mono only - in the early days, everything came out from the left channel, but for some reason in recent years, it's shifted WAY over to the right.

Legendary!!! :D

I hear Noel Gallagher has an Axe FX that will only regurgitate Beatles tunes and the firmware is programmed to give him shit on stage and then turn off at random huffy intervals. It's the next gen of the Guns N Roses sig Axe where the power button is programmed to only turn on once every 13 years for the exact period of time it takes to record an album.

To the OP: This thread has turned into a kind of happy accident!

Last edited:
There is a Janick Gers firmware. The first version sometimes made random horrible noises, but there was a bug fix that turns the volume to zero most of the time. It is kept around for sentimental reasons, but really if it was discontinued I don't think anyone would notice.

There is a Janick Gers firmware. The first version sometimes made random horrible noises, but there was a bug fix that turns the volume to zero most of the time. It is kept around for sentimental reasons, but really if it was discontinued I don't think anyone would notice.

Ouch. Poor Janick. LOL

there's the Dave Gilmore sig model…

thing is.. although it works amazingly in the studio… take it on stage and it all goes to shit...

I just want the one with the Santana mod....the same tired pseudo latin/blues noodling that will give me a 50 year career and have me hailed as one the greatest guitarists of all time...

LOL - there's nothing/no-one sacred around here.

Reminds me of the BB King model that came out shortly afterwards.

there's the Dave Gilmore sig model…

thing is.. although it works amazingly in the studio… take it on stage and it all goes to shit...

Interestingly, the Roger Waters sig was actually designed by Roger, with all the firmware written by Roger, with NO contributions from Cliff or anyone else. Roger then built them all himself. It has three presets: "Mummy," "Daddy" and "The War." "The Axe FX - designed, programmed and built by Roger Waters" will debut at next year's NAMM. Rumours that Roger has blackmailed Cliff into appearing at the stall on top of a massive pile of boxes are currently unconfirmed.

I had dinner with Alex Lifeson last night and axed him what he thought of his custom Axe model. He said "are you talking about my Axcess?" Oh how we laughed. No I said. Then he said "are you talking about the Merry Axemas CD?" We laughed again. Then he said "who the hell are you again??"
Then, he said....

There is unrest in the forum
There is trouble with the threads
For the members want more features (yesterday)!!
And M@ and Cliff just shake their heads...

Now there's no more amp and effects oppression
For they created a noble product
And the studios are all kept equal
By hatchet, Axe FX, and saw.....

Back
Top Bottom