Famous FM9 Users?

ucnick

Inspired
I have an FM9T (and a FM3 as well) and love it.

I was wondering which famous musicians use the FM9? Not Axe FXn. Just FM9.

I know Guthrie Govan and Neal Schon use it, and also Alex Lifeson. Who else?

Last edited:
Brad Whitford of Aerosmith. Buck Dharma of Blue Oyster Cult, both recently announced here on the forum. I think we’ll be seeing more famous users before too long. Brad can use whatever he wants, and probably has roomfuls of amps. Choosing the FM9 for his live rig is a solid endorsement. And it’s easy to see why, the modeling is getting to be very good.

I know Guthrie Govan and Neal School use it, and also Alex Lifeson. Who else?
I like Govan's attitude. He's using the FM9 because it works great to avoid killing the symphony with volume when he's playing with them and is enjoying it on his current tour for portability but said he expects he'll have his regular amps in the studio. He enjoys the flexibility and that the FM9 reproduces the sound he needs, and recognizes he might change it up. He's using the right tool for the job, there's no rock machismo, it is just what it is.

Neal Schon. Cooper Carter has a great vid on YouTube showing Neal jamming on a live show. This was the video that probably made me pull the trigger. I'm also using the same amp sim/preset as Neal is in that video and it is amazing.

Neal Schon. Cooper Carter has a great vid on YouTube showing Neal jamming on a live show. This was the video that probably made me pull the trigger. I'm also using the same amp sim/preset as Neal is in that video and it is amazing.
Thats what I meant. Genius autocorrections at work...

Back
Top Bottom