FAMC LF12+ question

martijne

Inspired
Got me a second hand LF12+ and I like it quite a lot!

One issue though, maybe one of you knows about it. I've set up some general presets linking to the main amps presets I use in the Axe. Each preset comes with different scenes of course, which I can nicely label in the LF+ editor. The scenes are under IA slots, by the automatic programming facility in the LF+

Now I wanted to program songs, expecting that I can kick off the preset and the scene (through the IA) for the starting point of each song. Presets work, but the IA / scenes are not being activated. This puzzled me.

Any LF+ experts have a clue? Thank you so much!

Yes I do. I've been experimenting with IA's, they work properly for drive, delay and all the other effects. That's why I wondered. Maybe it is in the song functionality of the LF+?

When I select a song in song mode, I want to go to the relevant preset (with a midi PC message) and scene (with an IA On trigger). I put that in the command programming box for the songs.

Thanks for looking into this!

It is possible that you have to resend the initial states, or trigger the scene ia in the command lines on the preset page, after selecting the preset. The axe always goes to scene one by default, working this way will increase latency time a bit, cause you change preset with scene one, and then have to change scene.

Didn't you have a lf+mini before???

Thanks, I will look into that. I could of course make LF-presets including Axe-presets and a scene. But I liked the elegance of having few preset with labels for the scenes: I think this makes programming easier. But maybe it does not work as I presume.

No, I didn't have a mini. was looking for a JR, but got a great deal on a 12+ and a RAC12. Happy me!

You could use the custom labels. In the ia menu select label 1-10.
Then in preset menu use custom labels 1-10 and name them there. So each preset can have up to 10 custom labels this way. ☺

Yes I have that now - great functionality. In the command programming for my songs, I put in a cc34 (hard scene select). Then the Axe jumps to the proper scene for a sec, but then returns to scene 1. Strange.. Wanted to check in the simulator mode in the editor, but is that already operational?

yes that is logical. I programmed this into the _song_ command parameters, there it does not work. It does work when I program it into an LF+ preset. Would you give it a try, if you have the same?

Seems logical, it does the song programming first, change preset, and then start the preset programming line.
I can give it a go, but only after next week cause i'm not home until then.

So first it processes all song commands and only then the preset commands. Now that explains a lot. Thank you! I will play around with it some more, see if i find a trick.

Back
Top Bottom