FAMC LF+ Liquid Foot+ and FAS Axe-Fx II and Axe-Fx III Tutorial is now on the Wiki

Now that I've had 3 evenings to experiment with the LF+, I've gotten everything set up nicely on it. I have started to dig into the page functionality and it's allowing me to make great use of the compact controller.

I've set up the JR+ with a few pages. On preset load, I send a command to switch to a scene control page. One button on that page can either (1) return to the presets page or (2) load an IA control page. Because I perform with multiple bands, I have individual AxeFX presets for every song, and make use of a lot of use of scenes. However, in one of my bands we play a wide variety of music and I do our entire show with ten "general purpose" presets for which I have both scenes and IA switches for individual effects.

Just that small amount of programming has already allowed me to do more than I could with the MFC-101 in a third of the footprint. I'm only scratching the surface.

I'm keeping my own notes on my experience with the LF+ because I need to document my approach for handing it off to a tech. I'll also happily share my notes in case it helps others, or in case it's useful for inclusion in the wiki.

Last night I spent another hour with the LF+ and enabled scene labels. This is very helpful! I'm very close to having the new board ready for tech rehearsals, and am wrapping up my AxeFX programming tonight in order to leave myself a few days to fully test the system. Notes to follow, along with a full description of how I'm setting everything up.

I wanted to say Thank You to all that made the Liquid foot WIKI possible, I just got a Liquid Foot Pro + today Without the information on the WIKI it would have taken much longer to get set up, I spent a little over an hour getting things set up...... this is an awesome resource for anyone using a liquid foot and an AXE FX

Scott

I wanted to say Thank You to all that made the Liquid foot WIKI possible, I just got a Liquid Foot Pro + today Without the information on the WIKI it would have taken much longer to get set up, I spent a little over an hour getting things set up...... this is an awesome resource for anyone using a liquid foot and an AXE FX

Scott

You're welcome and I'm glad you found it helpful. The tutorial was originally a bunch of notes I had made to fill in all the gaps that the manual was missing and I had noticed a lot of new users had the same issues and questions, so I compiled all my notes and added them to the Wiki. I still have to read my own tutorial every time I make any changes to my LF+ Pro+ because it's not very user friendly but I personally think it's the best MIDI controller, so I deal with all it's issues and lack of support.

The #1 issue that will cause you headaches with the LF+ Editor v4.32, is the Offset bug. Make sure you don't enable Preset # Offset on the LF+ or the Axe-Fx II. It's Default is off on the LF+ and Axe-Fx II, so you shouldn't have any issues.

If you don't know what Preset Offset is, It's when you change the Preset numbers from starting at 000 to starting at 001. I've always liked enabling Preset Offset because it's easier to think of numbers starting at 1 instead of 0 but it's currently broken in the LF+ and will sometimes work but when it doesn't it selects 1 preset less than what it's supposed to.

Feel free to ask any questions on this forum or the FAMC forum because you'll usually get a much faster response than trying to contact FAMC's Support.

"The #1 issue that will cause you headaches with the LF+ Editor v4.32, is the Offset bug. Make sure you don't enable Preset # Offset on the LF+ or the Axe-Fx II. It's Default is off on the LF+ and Axe-Fx II, so you shouldn't have any issues. "

I did not have a problem as I use preset 00 as my main preset.... So no problems !!!!

Thanks Again for all your hard work !!!

Scott

Dear FAMC users, could you please check:

Axe FXIII is on new 6.01, switch to Perform-Gbl (new page), probably tou already have there few custom assigments - now switch the presets with LF+. Do you still see the correct state of IA on LCDs of LF+?
For me it does not work, well some IAs seems to be read from the unit but majority is not displayed.
If I'm on 1st new screen "Perform-PP" - all works fine.

OK, I have found the root cause. One of my custom assignments on Perform-Gbl was "AMP-TYPE" - if this is selected the recall of IA state from Axe to LF does not work. It’s not a big problem then. Just don’t use this type of assignment.

GotMetalBoy -thanks for Wiki update - very useful!

Back
Top Bottom