Fake feedback

I want to create a patch where it fakes feedback, you know, like when you crank the amp, hold the note on your guitar, and it transitions into a feedback note.

Do I just use a pitch shifter and sort of "cross-fades" to it?

Thanks!

Sometimes it's easier to use the old fashioned approach: turn around and touch the head stock to the speaker cab

Thanks, I'll check out that patch.

The problem with the old fashioned approach is... I only have a QSC K8 as monitor on the floor in front of my foot controller... And we play small shows at low volumes... Hence I just want to fake it.

With 7.0 I've had zero issue getting the feedback even at low volumes. It acts just like a real amp.

I agree, but it's not quite as easy to get as with a real amp. I mean it'll simulate feedback of playing at high volumes with lots of gain, but not the "facing the amp", SCREAMING feedback kind of deal without a bit of work... personally I'm looking at getting a Boss FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster to add to my AxeFX II rig. If it sucks with the AxeFX I'll put it with my analog rig or sell it, but I'd be very curious to see how well it works with the AxeFX II. Just an idea for you.

Back
Top Bottom