Factory Reset

a friend of mine just got a used XL and I went over to help him out with it. It seems that the former owner moved around all of the factory presets and also seems to have made changes on every one which is understandable but he wants to start with a clean slate.....
Is there a way to get all of the factory presets back and in their normal places......it looks like nothing globally was changed or at least not that I could see....

Not sure how to get it back to factory, once that's done I can install the firmware updates.....just need help on getting it back to factory.......

a friend of mine just got a used XL and I went over to help him out with it. It seems that the former owner moved around all of the factory presets and also seems to have made changes on almost every patch it seems which is understandable but my friend wants to start with a clean slate.....
Is there a way to get all of the factory presets back and in their normal places......it looks like nothing globally was changed or at least not that I could see....

Not sure how to get it back to factory, once that's done I can install the firmware updates.....just need help on getting it back to factory.......

The AxeFx manual offers all the infos you need starting at page 141 (section 10 for system parameters, section 13 (page 148)for presets).
I recommend you read the manual before.

It's quantum, he is getting a computer tomorrow that will be dedicated just to his XL so he's gonna do a firmware update.

Looks like if you go into utilities and enter the patch number then do "fetch factory preset" it will restore that preset from ROM.....if you hit "restore system" looks like it puts all patches back in place and back to factory from the ROM as well....I think that's what the manual is saying.....

Concerning the on-board 'Factory' presets..........

On my Mark 1, The on-board 'Factory' presets are from the original firmware that shipped with the unit (firmware 1 in my case) and are not update-able. So, practically useless at this point. Not sure if the XL's are the same? If so.......download the newest 'Factory' presets from the website.

The previous owner may have made changes to the User Cabs also.

I'll be going over his place tonight or tomorrow afternoon.....he is going to get a computer today for it and will call me.....mine is at my bands rehearsal space now or I'd give it a try here at home....that was another one of my concerns was the User Cabs ....I want to do a backup on his as it is now so if he has any other Amp/Cab Packs we can save those and maybe reinstall them....

I guess I'm wondering if I should do a full system restore then install quantum 2......is that easier then trying to dump all of the presets and then reinstall them from the website...

Done deal......dumped all presets.....loaded quantum 2 then loaded current presets......

Only one thing and not a big deal but isn't there a way to just dump and load a single preset....I could only find banks ABC as a group or in individual banks but not individual presets.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom