Factory Preset #297 Mr. Gilmour lead

Arni61

Inspired
I noticed that the factory preset #297 Mr Gilmour lead has changed in sound since the last updates. It sounds sharp and harsh. My previous tweak attempts have unfortunately failed. The preset was a highlight for me and came very close to the spirit of Gilmour. Has anyone noticed the same thing and can fix it?

I have these presets too. However, the Mr. Gilmour lead factory preset is a bit different and has its own character. I love it so much Unfortunately with firmware 21.04 it sounds different. Simply pointed and harsh. Somehow the warmth is missing. I can't describe it better. My tweak results are sobering.

It doesn't sound like it did in that Brett Kingman video.
It sounded very similar to me. Before the update 21.00

Can you post a sound clip on the firmware you like, then latest, so we can hear what you’re hearing?

I just loaded up the Mr Gilmour Lead preset. I can get close to Burgs' tone in that video, but only if I roll back the tone knob for the bridge pup on my Strat. I'm curious whether he did the same or if it was wide open. Of course, he could have different pickups than the Fender Noiseless that I have in my American Elite.

I just loaded up the Mr Gilmour Lead preset. I can get close to Burgs' tone in that video, but only if I roll back the tone knob for the bridge pup on my Strat. I'm curious whether he did the same or if it was wide open. Of course, he could have different pickups than the Fender Noiseless that I have in my American Elite.
I am sure that the last updates have noticeably changed the sound. I had used this preset many times. With the tone control on the bridge pickup alone, you can only produce the previous sound to a limited extent

The preset itself was updated/changed in the 19.04 factory preset release I believe. I don't think the change you are noticing is due to firmware differences as much as that change.

Back
Top Bottom