Facebook/Youtube Live

sidsin

Inspired
Any tips on how I connect via my AXE FX III while performing on Facebook/Youtube live. Basically I wanted to play a few tracks live while using backing tracks.

Last edited:
If you need to stream tracks and multiple inputs to facebook or youtube, you have to use software that either routes everything to L/R outputs on your computer. You have two options

1) Use the AxeFX as your core audio and plug your microphone/backing tracks etc into the other inputs and route in the grid all to come out of out1. Select the AxeFX as your audio source when streaming

2) Use third-party software to route all your audio into one output source. A program like LoopBack for Mac will work well for this.

I personally use Loopback and route everything including the AxeFX into the main outputs for teaching/sessions/streaming etc. Easy to do.

You need to tell us the rest of your setup.

Pretty basic setup .I use my AXE FX III directly into my mac to record on my DAW. I have a headrush FRFR for output.

So what I tried was a facetime call and I was able to make the input and output as my AXE FX III, however, the backing track was not audible at the other end.

OBS is your friend. Your friend is free and awesome.

https://obsproject.com/

You can setup "scenes" with USB web cameras, live screen capture, and audio sources. If you want to connect an HDMI camera, you might need a converter... Blackmagic and Elgato have some options.

For audio input, OBS is pretty flexible. If the standard options are not sufficient, there is a 3rd party ASIO input option.

If you use your AxeFx as your audio interface in your DAW it should be pretty straightforward. (I struggled for a bit to figure out how to get DAW multitrack session -> X32 -> OBS, but now have it all sorted and works great... can record up to 30 tracks of live input, plus audio from DAW)

Last edited:
If you need to stream tracks and multiple inputs to facebook or youtube, you have to use software that either routes everything to L/R outputs on your computer. You have two options

1) Use the AxeFX as your core audio and plug your microphone/backing tracks etc into the other inputs and route in the grid all to come out of out1. Select the AxeFX as your audio source when streaming

2) Use third-party software to route all your audio into one output source. A program like LoopBack for Mac will work well for this.

I personally use Loopback and route everything including the AxeFX into the main outputs for teaching/sessions/streaming etc. Easy to do.

Thanks man!

This is really easy to use, but what do you about the latency?I use my FRFR as the monitor and get a lot of latency..

Thanks man!

This is really easy to use, but what do you about the latency?I use my FRFR as the monitor and get a lot of latency..
what is sending signal to the FRFR? if it's connected to the axe, there shouldn't be any latency, as the axe sends signal analog out immediately.

or are you referring to the Loopback program that was suggested?

what is sending signal to the FRFR? if it's connected to the axe, there shouldn't be any latency, as the axe sends signal analog out immediately.

or are you referring to the Loopback program that was suggested?
Referring to the loopback program. Axe is as awesome as ever :D

OBS is your friend. Your friend is free and awesome.

https://obsproject.com/

You can setup "scenes" with USB web cameras, live screen capture, and audio sources. If you want to connect an HDMI camera, you might need a converter... Blackmagic and Elgato have some options.

For audio input, OBS is pretty flexible. If the standard options are not sufficient, there is a 3rd party ASIO input option.

If you use your AxeFx as your audio interface in your DAW it should be pretty straightforward. (I struggled for a bit to figure out how to get DAW multitrack session -> X32 -> OBS, but now have it all sorted and works great... can record up to 30 tracks of live input, plus audio from DAW)

THIS SOFTWARE IS AWESOME!!

One question though -if i am playing a backing track on vlc or youtube how can I route that through the AXE. As of now,the backing track is being caught through the mic and not the AXE.

THIS SOFTWARE IS AWESOME!!

One question though -if i am playing a backing track on vlc or youtube how can I route that through the AXE. As of now,the backing track is being caught through the mic and not the AXE.
obs is definitely the standard for streaming. people can use it for recording as well. it's great and free.

to get your computer audio to OBS, i believe windows has a "Desktop Audio" option - add a Source for Audio Output Capture (something like that) and it might be there automatically. on mac, i think you need a separate program that routes the computer audio back to itself - i see Loopback software come up often on this topic.

what i do is send all my signal to a pa mixer, then send that signal into my mac with some USB interface. that helps me mix everything like you would any mixer at any gig, and i'm not fiddling with the audio levels in OBS. but either way should work.

Thanks man!

Glad it's working. You should definitely use the AxeFX as the main audio source, there shouldn't be any latency if you do so. Again you have the FRFR coming out of the rack, then just route everything into the grid and route all the audio through loopback into outputs 1 and 2.

Glad it's working. You should definitely use the AxeFX as the main audio source, there shouldn't be any latency if you do so. Again you have the FRFR coming out of the rack, then just route everything into the grid and route all the audio through loopback into outputs 1 and 2.

Will try it tomorrow - you work on the trial version or you purchased it?

obs is definitely the standard for streaming. people can use it for recording as well. it's great and free.

to get your computer audio to OBS, i believe windows has a "Desktop Audio" option - add a Source for Audio Output Capture (something like that) and it might be there automatically. on mac, i think you need a separate program that routes the computer audio back to itself - i see Loopback software come up often on this topic.

what i do is send all my signal to a pa mixer, then send that signal into my mac with some USB interface. that helps me mix everything like you would any mixer at any gig, and i'm not fiddling with the audio levels in OBS. but either way should work.

What I did was connect my Mac to my axe through the USB, then used the desktop audio version and it sounded amazing! But there was a little bit of a latency issue. The mp3 was playing half a second before the AXE FX..any idea why?

Back
Top Bottom