Facebook Page Stolen! Please advise/Help

theo

Experienced
Ok I'll try to keep this simple/short.

Our band has gone through a lot of lineup changes, We eventually decided to retire the old name and start afresh (only keeping 2 songs from the original repertoire). Just recently the guitarist decided to quit.

Fast forward, We have written new material, paid for new artwork, had old artwork reworked to incorporate our new logo. BUT the old guitarist removed everyone but himself from the admin role on the band page and uploaded some of the new artwork (with the old logo still intact) AND uploaded one of our songs.

I've reported him to soundcloud as a breach of copywrite. But I can't seem to do anything about the facebook page. Has anyone gone through a situation lik this before?

Would it help if you lot were to report the page as spam or something?
Here's the page: http://www.facebook.com/WychburyHill

EDIT: The ex-member has also blocked us all on facebook so that we cannot contact him.

Have you tried facebook help pages?

I only ask because I do not use facebook, but if I did that is where I would be looking for answers. Google is the next logical step.

Yep, Tried both of those, I just get led in circles with stupid facebook forms. I cannot find a solid form to report stolen intellectual property or copywrite infringement.
I just get "learn more about this" links.

He's 23, Old enough to NOT behave like a kid. He also has the drummers guitar amp. I Think we're just going to have to pay him a visit. I'm so glad I declined to lend him my spare amp...

I cannot find a solid form to report stolen intellectual property or copywrite infringement.

If you're having to think along these lines, then you're probably in for a frustrating time.

If Facebook won't / can't assist through clearly being able to see what's what, how it's played out and who originally set things up etc, then the only way ahead will get messy as the onus will be on you to prove copyright... and even if you can, you'll then need deep pockets to action it.

I realise that's not exactly 'encouraging', but that's how it will likely play out unless you can reason with the guy, find out his beef and sort things out. Beyond that, you might have to chalk it down to experience and move on.

By the way, about 25 years ago, a guy I was in a band with got moved on, but in the spirit of 'being cool' we lent him some kit which he then 'held to ransom'. Knocking on his door was enough to get it back
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the replies guys! We had the song removed from soundcloud and are just going to forget about the facebook stuff. Probably going to visit him to get the amp back soon.

Back
Top Bottom