Facebook Garbage

gigawatt

Experienced
Tried to log on to my old account (it's been about 4 or 5 years) and couldn't remember my password. I was then sent a code to my email address that doesn't exist anymore. Then was sent to a dead phone number, along with questions for friends so they can enter 3 codes, ugh. Than I finally hit a prompt asking to take a photo of my ID, I can do that :) but as I was taking the photo the page timed out. I had to jump through hoops to get there and can't figure out how to get there again. So I need some help getting into my original Facebook page cuz in the process of all this I somehow created a new one! Can anyone help?

Very true! I'm sorry I cannot help as I got rid of facebook years ago so have no knowledge of it now.
Good luck getting the stuff back - One thought... If any of your old friends are sharing your details, perhaps they can get the photos for you?

Thanks
Pauly

Sign up for Google photos. Unlimited storage and AI search without tagging. It's great.

Social media is evil and I hope that Steve Jobs roasts in hell for unleashing the double whammy of social media and a smartphone to access it on upon humanity. Its the destroyer of lives, relationships and the very fabric of society.

Ok, but that doesn't help me get back all my old photos of my kids and bands.

Don't you have those on a harddrive somewhere? Anything I've ever uploaded to a social media account (mea culpa) came from my stash that I keep on my computers/HDD's. Who the hell keeps their old photos only on social media?

Don't you have those on a harddrive somewhere? Anything I've ever uploaded to a social media account (mea culpa) came from my stash that I keep on my computers/HDD's. Who the hell keeps their old photos only on social media?

What the hell kind of crack is that that?! I don't have the photos anymore because I got divorced (as if it's any of your business) and she got the computer, this was in 2008.

Well you've all been a big help, thanks.

Sorry mate. I kept all the photos (printed and digital) after I got divorced but never felt the urge to see them again. I'd say the loss is nothing you should worry about too much. It's history.

Sorry mate. I kept all the photos (printed and digital) after I got divorced but never felt the urge to see them again. I'd say the loss is nothing you should worry about too much. It's history.

Well, I have pictures of my kids, who are 17 and 13 now from over 10 years ago, that I haven't seen in five years because of that bich ex wife. I have some demo's of my old band, and about 1200 "friends" that gathered over the years to see my band that I'd like to get back in touch with.

Hey how do you like the name "Senseless Destruction" ?

Well, I have pictures of my kids, who are 17 and 13 now from over 10 years ago, that I haven't seen in five years because of that bich ex wife...

Ok. That's a good reason to keep the photos, I agree. Very sorry to read that man.

Hey how do you like the name "Senseless Destruction" ?

Depends on the context. As your next bands name ? Not bad. I'd rather go for 'mindless destruction' ;)

I got in! IDK how, I was sure I entered this password b4, but tried again with a capitol letter and it worked. Then I was asked for my birthdate and bam!

Steve Jobs unleashed social media on humanity?
Wasn't aware of that one....

No, what he unleashed upon humanity was the unholy trinity of social media, on a smartphone, and being able to access it wherever you go.

I'm not sure we as a species will be able to recover from that triple whammy.

Forums are social media. It’s not all bad.

I think the first online social media I recall was the bulletin board systems (bbs) back when online meant dialing a phone number to another computer via the amazing 300 baud modem. Yes, I am that old. o_O That’s back in the old days when people actually turned their computers off too.

As it is with most things, it’s the way people use social media that is destructive. It is, collectively, the users’ fault. Turn it off. The existence of a drug doesn’t cause addiction. Sermon over.

Forums are social media. It’s not all bad.

I think the first online social media I recall was the bulletin board systems (bbs) back when online meant dialing a phone number to another computer via the amazing 300 baud modem. Yes, I am that old. o_O That’s back in the old days when people actually turned their computers off too.

As it is with most things, it’s the way people use social media that is destructive. It is, collectively, the users’ fault. Turn it off. The existence of a drug doesn’t cause addiction. Sermon over.
I almost posted the same thing yesterday. ;)

Back
Top Bottom