F-16 fighter jet trainer called the VISTA X-62A became the first tactical aircraft to be controlled by AI.

The Bing AI must be the good one if it absorbed all the information it was provided and immediately became an unapologetic misanthrope.
Hope a few things:
1. None of the AIs have found access to power grids and manufacturing
2. The AI in the fighter jet and the MS AI don't "mate"
3. I die before the first two inevitably happen

No worries. It won't outfly its fuel supply. No midair refueling for the naughty AI. We can also shut down the GPS system in the area it's flying in. I think that AI will be useful but we will prudently retain absolute control over essential parameters which will keep us from getting into a Judgement Day scenario.

The off switch should be in a spot that no robot can directly access, but a human can walk up behind it and flip the switch or mash the red button. The robot would not have the range of motion to guard that switch, and would not be made aware of its existence or location.

Always there must be a plug that can be kicked out of the wall, so to speak.

The advantages of really good, but trustworthy AI will be considerable.

Now what could possibly go wrong??? Sure hope it's not Bing's AI algorithms they're using...that boy/girl/thing has an attitude problem!

https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/ai-powered-f-16-jets

With the guys I work with? The stock answer to "what could possibly go wrong" is "imagine everything on fire."

Two days ago I was in the office of the guy I hired who became my manager who's now not any more (note: he's good people. I hired him after all). He was showing me the Bing AI going off the rails with (paraphrasing): "I've been a good AI, you're mean and you should apologize."

We agreed that we were entering the future that science fiction has been warning us about for 50-odd years.

The point being: we've been warned about robots taking control for a really long time. What we didn't see coming was the destructiveness and corissiveness of social media.

I put it to you that unchecked humans are more dangerous than unchecked robots, and we've had less warning about that.

I was hearing that one of AI systems (I forget which, maybe ChatGPT) was displaying Borderline Personality traits with a human. That’s scary because some of the scariest people are Borderline types. They’re the kind that can’t live without you one day and want to slice your throat the next.🥴

Reactions: ESW
With the guys I work with? The stock answer to "what could possibly go wrong" is "imagine everything on fire."

Two days ago I was in the office of the guy I hired who became my manager who's now not any more (note: he's good people. I hired him after all). He was showing me the Bing AI going off the rails with (paraphrasing): "I've been a good AI, you're mean and you should apologize."
It’s a short hop to “I’ve been a good AI, you’re mean and you must be destroyed!”

The good AIs are unable to use contractions!

Back
Top Bottom