External switches

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I got rid of my FM9 and am downsizing to the FM3. Had one before and assigned functions and pre sets to a 2 button external switcher. Can you who are familiar with this set up remind me how to do this and can I say assigned holding both buttons for the tuner, and then have each button be add on pre sets?

Multi button combinations are not currently supported except for the MLM Switch Combo. You can have tap and hold functions for each switch if you are using momentary hardware switches.

I got rid of my FM9 and am downsizing to the FM3. Had one before and assigned functions and pre sets to a 2 button external switcher. Can you who are familiar with this set up remind me how to do this and can I say assigned holding both buttons for the tuner, and then have each button be add on pre sets?
Each button on the two button external switcher can load presets on a tap.

There is no functionality for "holding both buttons" (or tap both buttons either) with a two button external switcher.
Each button would have an individual hold function (you could make them both tuner, but you'd only need to hold one)

Hope this helps.

I'm nearly finished creating a custom layout with an FM3T and a 2 button footswitch. I'm using the 2 button footswitch to change views.

The top/first external switch changes between two Views on the FM3T, allowing the three switches/displays/colour coded rings to show Presets (with easy scroll up/down) and then showing "Control" (this gives me either three Control switches (either latching or momentary), or two control switches plus Tap/Tuner.

The bottom/second external switch scrolls between three batches of Scenes: 1, 2, 3 and then 4, 5, 6 and then 7, 8, Tap/Tuner.

This way I am one quick tap away from access and scrolling through presets, and getting to Control switches and/or Tuner. I'm also only two taps away from any scene in a preset (and also Tuner).

The big limiting factor of the Stand-in Switches controlled by External Switches is that they cannot change their function based on the Footswitch Layout. They are Global in that they can only perform the same function no matter what Footswitch Layout you are on. I submitted a request in the FM3 Wish List a while back, but to no avail. I think having the ability to change the function of the External Switches (via Stand-in Switches) that could be different in each of the Footswitch Layouts would a a VERY powerful feature if we could get enough people to ask for it.

The big limiting factor of the Stand-in Switches controlled by External Switches is that they cannot change their function based on the Footswitch Layout. They are Global in that they can only perform the same function no matter what Footswitch Layout you are on.

This is why I wanna use the stand in switches simply to change the Layout View on the three main switches - the actual functions that I need will still be done on the built in switches. Hopefully it will all work as I plan :)

Back
Top Bottom