external pedal to change scenes?

rdpar

Inspired
I'm having a senior moment and I forgot how to get external pedal#2 to change scenes. I know it toggles between scene one and scene 8. I used to have my axe8 set that way but have been experimenting with using the axe8 with a combo amp(so far not good), using external pedal #2 to just change parameters in certain blocks, and now I forgot how to get it back. Any help is appreciated. thanks

Off of the top of my head...

Go to the 'I/O' menu, 'Control' tab, 'Scene Select', change from CC34 to 'Pedal 2'. Then the 'Pedal' tab, set Pedal 2 to either 'Continuous' or 'Latching' to match your pedal type.

Off of the top of my head...

Go to the 'I/O' menu, 'Control' tab, 'Scene Select', change from CC34 to 'Pedal 2'. Then the 'Pedal' tab, set Pedal 2 to either 'Continuous' or 'Latching' to match your pedal type.

Nope , that didn't work.

GOT IT!!! For future ::: Go to I/o page(on the axe8)go to ctrl. page --set external 1 , 2 , 3 ,or 4 to 34--scroll down to scene select and assign to pedal 1 , 2, 3 , OR 4 ( depending on which switch jack you are using. BADA BING:):) this will toggle between scenes 1&8. NO MIDI SWITCH REGUIRED. JUST TRS INTO SWITCH JACK ON THE AXE8

GOT IT!!! For future ::: Go to I/o page(on the axe8)go to ctrl. page --set external 1 , 2 , 3 ,or 4 to 34--scroll down to scene select and assign to pedal 1 , 2, 3 , OR 4 ( depending on which switch jack you are using. BADA BING:):) this will toggle between scenes 1&8. NO MIDI SWITCH REGUIRED. JUST TRS INTO SWITCH JACK ON THE AXE8
hmm. typically the cable for a switch should be a TS, not TRS.

you should also not have to set External 1 to 34. just set Scene Select to Pedal 1.

if this works, cool.

hmm. typically the cable for a switch should be a TS, not TRS.

you should also not have to set External 1 to 34. just set Scene Select to Pedal 1.

if this works, cool.

On my axe fx II it specified a "trs" cable for switches so I assumed it was the same for the axe 8. In order for "my" axe 8 to use ext. switch #2 for scene toggle , assigning the scene select to #2 did not work, however assigning it to 34 worked. Thans all for your input.

ax8 manual:
Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 1.09.50 PM.png

axe2 manual:
Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 1.10.57 PM.png

i'll double check the AX8 for the external switch later. in my experience External Controllers don't need to be set to 34. External Controllers do not correspond to the Pedal jacks specifically. Ext Ctrl 1 does not mean Pedal Jack #1 at all.

i'm curious as to why that would work.

again glad you have it working, stick with it. but i need to know for sure. thanks!

ax8 manual:
View attachment 64848

axe2 manual:
View attachment 64847

i'll double check the AX8 for the external switch later. in my experience External Controllers don't need to be set to 34. External Controllers do not correspond to the Pedal jacks specifically. Ext Ctrl 1 does not mean Pedal Jack #1 at all.

i'm curious as to why that would work.

again glad you have it working, stick with it. but i need to know for sure. thanks!

Please let me know what you find out.:)

Because I'm a curious kinda guy and couldn't find the info you sent me in the manual. I looked again and still didn't find it. Was there some kinda update to the manual I don't know about? If not could you give me the page number, for my future reference. thanks

pg 21 on my manual:
"
TO CONNECT AND SET UP AN EXTERNAL FOOTSWITCH...
Footswitches are less versatile, but sometimes all you need is an on-off stomp. Any type of external switch may be used—momentary or latching—as long as its contacts make and break the connection between tip and sleeve on a regular 1/4" guitar cable. You do not need a TRS cable for a footswitch.
Calibration is not necessary, but you do need to set the TYPE:
Press the SETUP button, followed by the #2 footswitch to select the I/O menu.
Press the PAGE button until you reach the PEDAL page.
Set the PEDAL TYPE for your selected pedal (1–4):

When a latching (aka toggle) switch is connected, set TYPE to “LATCHING”.

When a momentary switch (such as a sustain pedal) is connected, you have two options:

Set TYPE to “MOMENTARY” and the AX8 will recognize alternate stomps as ON and OFF, creating a “virtual” latching footswitch.

Set TYPE to “CONTINUOUS” if you want the switch to turn on when you press, and off when you release it.
WHAT" hmmmmmm? weird.
Yup. You’ve posted what I did above.

Yup and I didn't see it when I posted it. LOL I'm having a senior day, not a senior moment .lol thanks for you patience.

Back
Top Bottom