External Pedal Board Help Needed please

Hugh Jago

I've got a new ax8. I'm trying to connect through my old pedal board. The Old board has Boss tuner Eventide H9 max. I've followed the instructions (I think) from the manual but for the life of me I can't get a peep out a DXR12 the second I hit the foot switch to engage the FXloop.
For simplicity sake I have created preset with Amp - FXloop - Cab.
I have made up Humbuster cables (all shown as working on the Cable tester).
Current connection:
AX8 out 2 FX Send to Boss tuner
Boss Tuner to H9 Max
H9 Max to AX8 In 2 FX Rtn
Out 1 Main to DXR12
Thanks

Would need to see the preset or at least a screenshot of the layout grid from AX8-Edit.

The test preset is as simple as you can get.
Amp block 59 Bassguy.
FXLoop
Cab block 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix
Input to output cables all connected. No amendments made to any setting, other than FXloop set to foot switch 1.

There are some settings in the FXLoop block that could be wrong? Also, make sure that the 'Output 2' knob on the AX8 is fully clock-wise.

I think that 'Humbuster' cables are only supposed to be used in specific situations? like 4-cable method? Never used them, so not 100% sure though.

Thanks all. I got it worked out. The humbuster plug was not fully in place. I pulled the point with a set of pliers and managed to pull it forward an mm. Set the FX return to the Left channel and presto it works perfectly. No ground noise from the AX8. Between the H9 Max and the AX8 what more could a guy want?

Thanks all. I got it worked out. The humbuster plug was not fully in place. I pulled the point with a set of pliers and managed to pull it forward an mm. Set the FX return to the Left channel and presto it works perfectly. No ground noise from the AX8. Between the H9 Max and the AX8 what more could a guy want?

Motor drive and midi cc's. ;)

Back
Top Bottom