External midi pedal

Nawual

Hello everybody. I made an external pedal with momentary switches but haven't been able to get it programmed. My idea was, for example, to put one of the two switches to increase the volume in the solos, a boost.
In the end, I have seen that you can convert the pedal into a mini pedal using an arduino and that in this way I can do more functions.
My question is if anyone knows if that boost can be programmed in this way. Thanks for your help

You could add a Null Filter or Volume block to the end of your presets and use one of your switches as an external controller tied to the Bypass of that block.

Similarly, you could control such a block with midi.

Simply for that function it seems a lot of work to create a Midi pedal ;)

Yes, I have actually made a pedal with two switches and I connect it to input 2 and 3 since in 1 I have an expression pedal. And I would like to activate deactivate blocks with these two switches, as you have indicated, but I do not know how to do it. Chris wrote in another post that he was going to make me a video but he doesn't seem to have time. And I've seen video and read other posts but I can't program them.Thanks for you help

Yes, I second what @unix-guy said above… a filter has been my way of adding a solo boost for many years. it‘s simple, and it works! Then your pedal just sends the on/off to that block and you’re done.

Yes, I have actually made a pedal with two switches and I connect it to input 2 and 3 since in 1 I have an expression pedal. And I would like to activate deactivate blocks with these two switches, as you have indicated, but I do not know how to do it. Chris wrote in another post that he was going to make me a video but he doesn't seem to have time. And I've seen video and read other posts but I can't program them.Thanks for you help
I don't have (and never did) an AX8, but it should be similar enough to the Axe Fx II...

How are your switches wired? Does the AX8 have TRS pedal jacks or TS?

Thanks for your help. The cables are connected in TS. According to the manual, for pushbuttons it is valid that they are TS.
For expression pedals if TRS required.
The idea of putting a filter block for solos is what I want but I don't know what I have to configure in the general parameters for it to work.

You would need to assign the switch to control either the Bypass for the Filter block or the block itself.

These should be assignable in the Midi menu for CCs.

I think you'll need to associate the switch with an External Controller and then assign that controller to the CC.

But I can't help with the details. Hopefully an AX8 owner can help...

Back
Top Bottom