External Loop pedal..connecting to the axe

Hi all..can someone please tell me how to best connect an external loop pedal. I'm using an xl..with both FRFR monitors and amp and cab for gigs. Whilst I don't mind the built in looper on the axe generally..I'd like to try a pedal with more memory and functions on tap. I was thinking maybe one of the boss pedals, rc 3 r rc 30..but I'm not sure how to connect this up with the axe. I'm sure I read a thread on this somewhere but can't seem to be locate it now. Thanks

I only use my axefx into a poweramp and out of a cab, so I may not be a huge help here...

I connect the output of my axefx to the input of my Boomerang looper, and the output of the Boomerang to the input of my poweramp.

Hi all..can someone please tell me how to best connect an external loop pedal. I'm using an xl..with both FRFR monitors and amp and cab for gigs. Whilst I don't mind the built in looper on the axe generally..I'd like to try a pedal with more memory and functions on tap. I was thinking maybe one of the boss pedals, rc 3 r rc 30..but I'm not sure how to connect this up with the axe. I'm sure I read a thread on this somewhere but can't seem to be locate it now. Thanks

I use a bus on my mixer to send anything to my loopers. This is pretty standard practice when using multiple instruments, mic, etc. and allows the most flexibility.

If you are not using a mixer, then I would suggest adding the looper between Axe output and your amplification.

You can also try to place it into the FX Loop, but that'll likely get you looping some noise, too.

Hi thanks for this.. Makes sense to me the way you've described it... In my own scenario though if I'm feeding both amp and cab say from output 2 and frfr from output 1.. I guess I could do this using stereo inputs on the looper pedal and then feed the L and R outs from the looper..one to the cab and the other to the frfr cab/ monitor.. Does this sound right to you ? Will I need to introduce an FXL block in my chain as well? If so where.. I'm it too familiar with FXL blocks and what they're used for etc.. Although I have recently started to use this for splitting my signal so I can use amp and cab in my rig now...( must say that has been a revelation to me since I did it) is there anywhere I can find some useful tips on how to use FXL blocks.. Btw the rang is an awesome pedal which I hope to get one day but I'm fairly new to looping and want to practice more before I lay out that kind of money I guess.. Thanks again

I use a bus on my mixer to send anything to my loopers. This is pretty standard practice when using multiple instruments, mic, etc. and allows the most flexibility.

If you are not using a mixer, then I would suggest adding the looper between Axe output and your amplification.

You can also try to place it into the FX Loop, but that'll likely get you looping some noise, too.

Thanks for this.. Yes I have heard of using a mixer but in my case that would be a little overkill for me.. I'm just practicing for now on the looper and I guess your way would surely be a good way to go eventually. About the FX loop.. I'm really not to familiar with using that and how it works etc..is there something you can guide to so I can get up to speed. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom