External foot switch--reset at preset switch?

Franz Franchetti

I am using an external foot switch and would like to reset its state to defined behavior at preset change. Unfortunately the switch state is remembered across bank switches so I have to remember to press it an even number of times not to mess up my system.

The setup is a Marshall JVM 410H + FX8 MkII in 4CM. I am using an external Marshall one-button foot switch to override the default master volume (the amp has 2) that a preset selects via MIDI. This is to either boost volume for rhythm or to bring down lead volume when needed).

I'm not totally sure I understand your question, but I'll take a swing at it any way. Have you tried turning on scene revert? That might solve your issue since it loads each scene exactly as it was saved.

Thanks, but that unfrotunately doesn't work. The problem is that the switch state is stored and not re-initialized into a known state when switching across presets. seems to be in the way external analog switches are abstracted and handled in the unit.

I am using an external foot switch and would like to reset its state to defined behavior at preset change. Unfortunately the switch state is remembered across bank switches so I have to remember to press it an even number of times not to mess up my system.

The setup is a Marshall JVM 410H + FX8 MkII in 4CM. I am using an external Marshall one-button foot switch to override the default master volume (the amp has 2) that a preset selects via MIDI. This is to either boost volume for rhythm or to bring down lead volume when needed).

Why not just use a volume or EQ block then? Same result, less hassle.

The 410H has 2 master volumes, midi-selectable, so in a live situation I can easily adjust. This is very useful for me. Also, I am using it in bank mode, thus switching to stomp box mode first is annoying. Thus I got an external analog foot switch which works fine, except for the cross-preset memory effect.

I think there's something in the manual for what you're after, I would double check.

If your using a basic switch there is no way to reset the state between preset changes, the switch is open or closed.

It’s a drawback to external switches, and why most people use them only for momentary functions, as otherwise your switch state won’t match preset changes

Back
Top Bottom