External foot switch for FM3

Red Clay

Hello!

I'm considering an external footswitch for my FM3.
My options are the Ampero dual and EHX triple-foot switches.

I've noticed the Ampero's capability of handling both tap and hold functions.
However, I couldn't find anything on the EHX's capabilities. Will the 3rd switch be programmable? And can it also handle tap and hold?
Does anyone have any experience with the latter?

I'm curious to know how those of you using external footswitches program yours.

If you want to use 3 external switches on the FM3, you'll need to connect to not one but TWO of its external pedal/switch jacks, since each one will support only two switches max. That would be a dealbreaker for me since I use the 2nd pedal jack for Volume/Wah.

Any connected momentary switch can be assigned both Tap and Hold functions.

Personally, I use and can recommend the Boss FS7. I like being able to change the action and polarity with the mini switches.

Hello!

I'm considering an external footswitch for my FM3.
My options are the Ampero dual and EHX triple-foot switches.

I've noticed the Ampero's capability of handling both tap and hold functions.
However, I couldn't find anything on the EHX's capabilities. Will the 3rd switch be programmable? And can it also handle tap and hold?
Does anyone have any experience with the latter?

I'm curious to know how those of you using external footswitches program yours.
I use the Airstep. The site won't let me add the link, but worth looking into.

Others are offering great options! I'm cheap and went with the Hotone Ampero for $16 and it's served it's purpose beautifully for me. Been in use for a little over a year.

I use the Airstep. The site won't let me add the link, but worth looking into.
I like the idea of the airstep, thanks for the suggestion!

If you want to use 3 external switches on the FM3, you'll need to connect to not one but TWO of its external pedal/switch jacks, since each one will support only two switches max. That would be a dealbreaker for me since I use the 2nd pedal jack for Volume/Wah.

Any connected momentary switch can be assigned both Tap and Hold functions.

Personally, I use and can recommend the Boss FS7. I like being able to change the action and polarity with the mini switches.
I use a pedal jack for an expression pedal, same case with me.
So would have to do with a dual switch then.

Thanks for your input folks!

I use the $20 hotone ampero dual switch. left tap is scenes view, left hold is back to presets, right press is effects layout, right hold is tuner

Boss FS-7, FS-6, or dual FS-5Us would be great.

I personally prefer using a 6 or two 5Us just for the form factor. The 7's buttons are stacked vertically whereas the 6 and dual 5Us will sit side-by-side. These all offer the ability to switch polarity.

The 6 and 7 have the added bonus of momentary or latching configuration (you'll want momentary for the FM3). The only advantage dual 5Us have over the 6 is the ability to use either switch individually (they have sliding rail connectors to transform into a single unit for dual use).

You can also build your own switch.

Back
Top Bottom