Implemented External controllers not active when not connected

josephyballew

Inspired
I have and FM3 and an AXE 3 and don't always want to hook up external controllers when I am not gigging at home.
I use and FC 12 and 3 expression pedals live but don't want to use any controllers when I am home.

For presets I use controllers for things like delay amount, Rotary amount, and volume among other things.
All my presets have external controllers and when not connected, defaults to 100% on settings of what is being controlled.

Is there a way that when not connect that external controllers can let you change values or better still have one value saved in the preset when external controllers are not used. The state of all my controller values when not connect is at 100%.

I could just duplicate all my preset without controllers, but it seem logical if controller are not plugged in that programmed external controllers should be in a bypassed mode.

What I do now is just delete the external controllers when I am home and attach it back when I am finished.

Is there a way that when not connect that external controllers can let you change values or better still have one value saved in the preset when external controllers are not used.
Yes. In the MIDI setup page you can set the default value of each external controller. The unit will use the default of the physical controller is not detected.

The settings are global.

Yes. In the MIDI setup page you can set the default value of each external controller. The unit will use the default of the physical controller is not detected.

The settings are global.
Looking at this only gives you one static setting. You are not allowed to change the value in Axe Edit because it is still tied to the controller.
My suggesting is when not connected, disable the controller and default to the saved setting in the preset. When you have multiple effects tied to one controller, one value will not work. I am not even sure if this can be done, but just make more sense to me.

If this can not be done, maybe make the values that can be edited when the controller is not in use. All values are at 100% and can not be moved when programmed.

Back
Top Bottom