External controller is triggering looper. Can't find the setting to make it stop.

Androo

Inspired
Hello,
I've added a new external pedal (Lehle dual expression, thank you Santa) currently only connected on the 50k port to PDL 2. The heel down position unexpectedly toggles the record-start in the looper, across all presets with the looper (not a per-preset phenomenon) . I cannot find a way to disable that. In my Setup menu, MIDI/Remote - Looper, all the options are set to NONE. Changing "External Control 2 = PEDAL 2" or = NONE makes no difference. In the I/O menu, PEDAL 2 is Type: Expression, Switch polarity is NC/MB, and Switch behavior is "follow hardware." Changing switch polarity has no effect. Can't seem to find a solution in the forums, either. FW=5.0 Anyone have an idea?
Thanks very much,
Andrew

Update: the LEHLE is also a MIDI controller, and I see it coming into my DAW on CC11. Not sure if that is relevant but added for the sake of completeness. None of the MIDI/Remote settings seem relevant, all are default.

Last edited:
Hi, no, neither scene nor preset dependent. I was using it to modulate effects, which it does, but it also triggers the looper. PED 1 is Wah. PED 2 is for any other modulations. Thanks.

Sure, the Lehle "dual expression" is a also a USB-MIDI device. It has two connections for analog control (10k and 50k), and is powered by USB or wall-wart. I have it powered by USB, and use it both for the Fractal and for synthesizer vst expression-wheel.

USB connected to the computer?

Does it absolutely need to be powered? If not does it still trigger the looper when not connected to USB?

If so, can you wall wart power it and see if the looper triggers?

Right, in both cases it still triggers the looper when it cycles to the 0 (heel) position, ruling out the MIDI. Should have done that from the start but I was getting hurried out the door =)

Right, in both cases it still triggers the looper when it cycles to the 0 (heel) position, ruling out the MIDI. Should have done that from the start but I was getting hurried out the door =)
The only heel down trigger I know of is Tuner. Is that option on? Sorry it’s in the Setup menu somewhere and I’m not at the gear right now. Tuner on Heel down or something. might be in the Pedal or MIDI options.

The only heel down trigger I know of is Tuner. Is that option on? Sorry it’s in the Setup menu somewhere and I’m not at the gear right now. Tuner on Heel down or something. might be in the Pedal or MIDI options.
Chris,
The only thing I can guess it might be is if @Androo has one of his Stand-In Switches or Config in Setup routed incorrectly. I'd check Stand-In Switches first, and see what's there, then pop on over to Config and see if anything is inadvertently enabled or disabled.

Chris,
The only thing I can guess it might be is if @Androo has one of his Stand-In Switches or Config in Setup routed incorrectly. I'd check Stand-In Switches first, and see what's there, then pop on over to Config and see if anything is inadvertently enabled or disabled.
Yeah. If there’s a modifier on the Looper record, that could point to something. I’d check that first.

If no modifier, that complicates things.

Chris,

Stand-in switches! That was it! Thanks everyone. I think I remember messing with that when I first got the unit but then didn't use it and over-wrote those neurons with other tweaks I was trying.
Much appreciated,
Androo

Back
Top Bottom