External Audio Device Recommendations

Squeeble

I'm trying to make a decision on an external audio device to buy for reamping my Axe FX II Mk II. Any of you using anything you would recommend? Any you think I should avoid?

Side note: I remember seeing a chart of them comparing latency on here a while back but I can't find it for the life of me.

Why not just use the axe fx? it is top notch!

How do you reamp with the Axe-FX only? and by reamp I mean to simultaneously listen to the background music while you are processing the recorded dry guitar signal through the Axe-FX.

I'm trying to make a decision on an external audio device to buy for reamping my Axe FX II Mk II. Any of you using anything you would recommend? Any you think I should avoid?

Side note: I remember seeing a chart of them comparing latency on here a while back but I can't find it for the life of me.
Not sure if anyone else has these problems but I cannot have my Axe FX2 and Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 interface connected to my computer at the same time. It causes my system to hang pretty consistently. Using each separately is fine. Just not together.

How do you reamp with the Axe-FX only? and by reamp I mean to simultaneously listen to the background music while you are processing the recorded dry guitar signal through the Axe-FX.
I don't think you can. You need an interface to do that. Lots of people seem to rave about the focusrite scarlet units. They're cheap and have solid converters. Might want to check those out.

Sorry I do not know! I have never tried to mix and reamp at the same time. I reamp my dry tracks and then put them in the mix. You can rehearse live with the mix with the axe fx to test tones so maybe you can reamp and monitor the mix? I will have to play with this, it may depend on your daw?

I run the XLR outputs of the Axe Fx into the XLR inputs of the Apogee Ensemble. This leaves the 1/4 outputs to go to a Matrix amp and cabs, The Ensemble provides an output for stereo monitors and the interface to the computer for tracking. FAS deserves high marks for the heart of a modern guitar rig that can produce the sound your looking for!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom