Extended preset info

Stringmanipulator

Power User
This is something I've been thinking about for a while, I might be missing something here,
but .. :)

I would really like if it would be possible to have some kind of header info or .nfo information
when in axe edit and selecting a preset, like the info that is provided in axe-change about each preset.
So that it would be possible to get more info about the guitar used fw ver etc ..

Like a "more" button if such information was attached to the preset/patch ..

Because now it's so awesome to just point into a directory and audition them so nice and fast,
it would be nice to have "the creators notes" for each preset if the creator wanted to include it.
Now I realize it's probably not possible to include it in the preset itself but maybe with an extra little file
or so ..

well I'm sure you guys know what I mean, and I am also sure that if you find it useful
you guys will find a much smarter way to implement it ..

:)

anyone else thought about similar stuff ??

just brainstorming ;)

In the past, I was wishing for something similar: the ability to add my own "notes" to a preset. Things like what pickup to use, what the different controllers do, etc. This would have been a better and more permanent record than the multitude of paper notes I have all over the place.

However, this would have a significant impact on the format and size of the .syx files. If Cliff opens it up for some "free text" storage space, would this suddenly wreck his architecture? Would we end up with much fewer presets that could be stored in our units? And other than Axe-Edit, would Cliff need to come up with some sort of user interface for the display of those notes on the front panel?

In other words, I concluded that the "cost" is much higher than the "benefit" of additional free-text storage space in presets. I'd rather not have it, unless Cliff has an epiphany on how to store data in no space at all.

I agree about the .syx format, but I was thinking more specifically just when using axe edit, and perhaps store the info in
a separate file or something like that ... so you could have a "plexi.syx and a plexi.fas" and if the ".fas" file was present
axe edit would pick it up in a "more info" button or something like that ..

like you said to get rid of all the messy notes and such ...

Back
Top Bottom