Expression pedals

feliperigby

Inspired
Two questions:

Is it really necessary two expressions pedals? Like I see most of people using with mfc101?
Or just one is the ideal?

Wich expression pedal? One convencional from Boss or on of those from Mission pedals? Why?

expression pedals are not necessary. The MFC isn't even necessary.

It depends on what you want to accomplish though.

I want to have a volume pedal always and a wah as well. So for me, I use 2 expression pedals. Then I don't have to switch any settings or press buttons.

I only have one expression pedal...
however, I'm using an external volume pedal and wah...
so for now the one expression pedal serves me fine..

I've still yet to mess with expression pedals- and just plug a Morley Wah in front...

I wouldn't go with a Boss- because they're cheap plastic

I'd go with an EB VP jr

The Boss FV-500 is awesome! It could probably survive being steam-rolled. I prefer it to my mission pedals FWIW.

I have a pedal Train 3 with 2 expression pedals, but the Boss are to large, so I put a Mission and a Dunlop on the board. I agree, the FV 500 feels great under the foot.

Is it really necessary two expressions pedals? Like I see most of people using with mfc101?
Or just one is the ideal?

Depends on what you are trying to do. You could not use any if you don't need one or you could have four of these. So i think you should think backwards.

Are you interested in controlling any parameters that cannot be controlled via a simple switch? If yes, how many of them at the same time? This will give you the answer about how many of these you need.

For instance i am fine with only two. One is dedicated for the wah, the other controls delay and many modulation effect's parameters. If i needed to control more than one of the delay/modulation effect's parameters independently at the same time i would go for more.

Wich expression pedal? One convencional from Boss or on of those from Mission pedals? Why?

Mission pedals are a safe bet imho, have one of these for the wah.

My second expression pedal is actually a modified Dunlop Univibe expression pedal, the pot is perfect for this application (20K if i am not mistaken) and all i needed was to install another input/output jack and do the wiring (fairly simple).

You can always mod any old wah/expression (just make sure you have a proper potentiometer) and make it work with the AxeFx ec.

can't live without three expression pedals. Sometimes I even miss a fourth one. I use them for every patch

can't live without three expression pedals. Sometimes I even miss a fourth one. I use them for every patch

I guess if I did everything 'in the box' I'd have three....
vol, wah and expression
I can see possible uses for another pedal though for additional expression goodness...
so I am considering getting another FV-500H

half price the missions as well. Is it really that much better?
Would it be the high impedance or the low impedance model for the axe/mfc?

I use one for volume control and one for well, expression, for wah or whatever I decide to assign it to. I've seen some people's setups with more than two pedals. Not sure what they use them for.

Would it be the high impedance or the low impedance model for the axe/mfc?

Low Impedance is better suited for the Axe. Boss is FV500-L (for Low Impedance)

Doesn't matter -- they both should be the same when using the expression out. Either buy the one you think would be most useful outside an Axe setting (probably the H), or look for a deal on either.

had expression pedal mean you using alot of potential on modifier feature of axefx, there's huge thing you can possibly achieve with it, only imagination is the limits, so expression pedal is very recommended for axefx, i vote for mission pedal

with the Mission pedal you can have 'two separate pedals in one'. So you don't need many expression pedals. But it is a little more complicated with the programming in the Axe and with the operating of the Mission pedal.So it seems to me. That is why I prefer separate pedals.

Three pedals is not much at all; I use one for volume swells, one for morphing between two amps (dirty/clean) and one for wah/pitch or other expression stuff. Wish I had one more pedal for delay level or feedback control. But that doesn't fit in my pedal case. I also use a Boss dual switch to be able to switch between Delay x/y and delay time 1/4 or dotted 1/8's.

does it actually make any difference?
I thought the impedance only applied to the 'in' jack and that the EXP jack was a different thing entirely

I use the H model and it works perfectly fine

the H model also means that if I wished I could use it in a normal guitar -> volume pedal scenario

does it actually make any difference?
I thought the impedance only applied to the 'in' jack and that the EXP jack was a different thing entirely

I also don't think it makes any difference when you are using the EXP jack. The guitar signal doesn't travel through the pedal like in the normal way of using.
So you are not loosing any signal with either the L or H version. It works just the same as any other expression pedal when you use the EXP jack. At least that is what I am told. If not, I hope someone can clarify.

Back
Top Bottom