Expression pedals via MFC vs AXE FX - having issues

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Need a little help. Can't use two EXP pedals plugged directly into MFC to control AXE FX parameters.

Have set EXP Pedal 2 in AX-EDIT as controller for speed/rate parameters for things like Univibe, chorus, delay time. U

Have "re-set" and saved the EXP 2 parameters in AX Edit to EXP2 and "saved" in core patches, confirmed it is EXP 2.

On MFC foot controller unit, have
1) disabled EXP1 since not using volume pedal at moment
2) successfully calibrated a Boss FV 500
3) successfully calibrated a Roland EV05 as well

When the EXP pedals were plugged directly into the back of the AXE FX, they worked fine.... could vary tremolo etc.

However, even though the MFC says the pedals are calibrated and values change in edit mode, when I bring up my patches, there is no effect or change. Hmmm. Doing something wrong. Even re-set MFC to factory default to be safe.

How does the MFC EXP pedal and the AXE FX EXP pedal settings interact or do they? What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance!

Let me add that the EXP pedals work fine when plugged directly into the AXE FX EXP pedal jacks, but do not have the same functionality/no effect when plugged into the MFC trying to do the same job controlling effects like speed/rate, etc...

Modifier screen: Source needs to be some external #.

Axe-FX I/O menu, CTRL page: That External # needs to be set to some number (CC#), not Pedal 1 or Pedal 2. The defaults for the 8 externals are 16-23.

MFC-101: The pedal has to be assigned that CC#.

If the MFC is already set to send a CC for the pedal you can use the learn function on the Axe-FX in the I/O menu.

Thank you so much! Got it working now... wonder why this was not covered specifically in the manual? Needs to be in Yek's Wiki! Cheers!

Yek is always a step ahead, thanks... did search forum a bit to see but did not find threads...impatient, am I! But now it's all humming!

Ax-Edit and setting of expression pedal parameters

The following is an approach I'm hoping to implement shortly: connection and configuration of expression pedals.

I'd like to use Ax-Edit to simplify/speed up the assignment of parameters for control by an expression pedal. I would prefer that the XP is connected at the foot pedal (MFC-101) rather than the Axe-Fx. Is this possible?

If so, do I have to have the MFC-101 connected via MIDI for me to assign foot pedal switches using the Ax-Edit?

I don't have a XP yet but want to understand how I can program parameter assignments. If its all via the Axe-Fx, so be it.

Thanks,

Nick

Axe-Edit can assign an external as a modifier. The controller/pedal doesn't have to be connected at the time. The other steps (matching CCs) are a one-time process w/ the front panel & footcontroller.

Back
Top Bottom