Bug? Expression Pedals Stop Working

dkenin

Inspired
Has this happened to anybody before? I have a a mission pedal and Fractal Volume pedal plugged in and they both stopped working. I tried using the calibrate function to see the sweep it moved intermittently. Not sure what's going on here. Should I upgrade the software? Anybody have this issue?

Sounds to me like hardware problem. Try the other pedal inputs. Check your cables. In case you have a voltmeter check if there's constant control voltage value between tip and sleeve.

Yeah but it happened to both pedals at the exact same time. I tried 3 and 4 and same issue. I can check the voltage across the tip and sleeve, but these had been working for about a year. I moved my AX8 to another board and plugged them back and they are gone.

Then contact FAS support via email. Looks to me like you need your unit repaired. You could try a global system reset (AX8 manual p.83) just in case.

Hello I just experienced the exact same thing. What was your resolution? I did the global system reset and checked all pedal inputs, tried multiple cables and another expression pedal. I have had no luck so far. I didn't drop the unit and have not damaged it in any way. The only thing I have done recently is add some of my own IR's with the axe manage cabs. Could that have corrupted the firmware in some way? I am going to try reinstalling the firmware today and see if that works. I hope I don't have a faulty hardware issue.

I had a similar problem with a Liquid foot. It was a ground loop! The expression pedal chassis was touching the aluminium profile of the pedalboard flight case. Some gaffa tape on the profile and everything has been fixed.

SOLVED ! Thank you for the suggestion! I took my AX8 off the pedaltrain board to see if the replacement screws could be making contact but that proved to be a dead end. I tried another power supply and unplugged everything except my expression pedal. Still I had no luck. Before going to the next step I figured it couldn't hurt to check my cables again. What are the chances that both of my TRS cables had bad solder joints? Well, guess what? Bingo! I pulled out the solder gun , melted some tin and I'm back in business! It would have been a bummer to go without wah a my band practice later on...

Back
Top Bottom