Expression Pedal Recommendations for FX8

guitarmanUK

Inspired
To get the most out of the FX8, it has been recommended that I get an expression pedal, or 2. So what are you guys using and what would you recommend?

I could just go all out and get the new Fractal pedal but it works out to about £135 in the UK. I can get a Boss FV-500H for £75 new, but would I be better paying the extra for the Fractal pedal? This is yet another new area for me to get my head around :)

I bought two boss fv500's used. These things are built to last! No problems and great feel. You can adjust the mechanical tension which is cool.

I'm using Dunlop dvp3 (x) its small and light. It is volume pedal but has expression out and tuner out. Dunlop website says Animal as Leader using this pedal.

Last edited:
Get a linear expression pedal. The system is designed for use with one. Mission Engineering, or EV1. I got the EV1, it's got a massive throw and is a large pedal so it's great for any size foot. Also it is guaranteed to support maximum range.

Two Mission Pedals. One "regular" pedal for overall volume and one pedal with springload which is awesome for autoenable or disable effects like pitch or wha. The effect turns on in the moment I just move the pedal and disables automatically when I take off my foot because the spring always guarantees that the pedal goes automatically to heel position when it is not used. Never again colored sound only because I forgot to switch off the wah or whammy after a few beers :).

They are great and work very well both but I would like them have a wider range of motion. Just a little bit.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

I've been using the 4E Dual Axis expression pedal from DB Instruments. It's like having four expression pedals in one. Control two effects with the usual heel-to-toe motion, plus it allows independent control of two more FX using a side-to-side swivel action. It is unbeatable IMHO. A typical application for me involves a wah-wah (via FX8 ) sound on the heel to toe, while increasing my overdrive (in FX8 ) and delays (in FX8 ) - while also adding or removing some shimmer reverb in H9 Max.

4E Dual Axis Expression Pedal | dbinstrumentamp.com

[video]https://youtu.be/ytMRI8J8oeo[/video]

I am interested in adding a volume pedal, and a hold/freeze remote switch. Since the FX8 only allows 2 expression pedals, I need to re-think my strategy (whether it involve a MIDI controller, a paid of EV-1's or mission exp).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom