Expression pedal does not work until you change presets

Matt Steele

Experienced
I've been experiencing something going on with my expression pedals (been driving me crazy) and thought there was something wrong with the way I have them set up but tonight I realized what the issue is and I'm guessing it's a bug and thought I should relay the issue here...

If I power on my Axe FX II and it loads up the last preset I had used and I attempt to use my expression pedal, nothing happens. The green midi light on the Axe FX II does not even light. If I turn the Axe FX II to a different preset and then go back to the original preset, the expression pedal magically works perfectly and the midi light now will turn on!

So expression pedals will not work until the preset is changed from the original preset the Axe FX boots up with.

Please let me know if I am the only one experiencing this strange behavior! Thanks!

Matt's issue is that he needs to switch presets to get the pedal working.

The issue you linked to, is that the pedal needs to be moved to get volume. No need to switch presets.

That's not the issue that Matt discusses.

Matt, is the pedal connected to a MFC? If yes do you power up the Axe after the MFC?

Hey Yek, yes, the expression pedal is connected to the MFC. I power the MFC up with the Cat5 to\from the Axe FX II. And yes you are correct. The pedal will not work what so ever, even send a midi signal (front panel led light) until I switch to a different patch.

This obviously isn't a big deal, I just need to make sure I switch patches before I begin using my expression pedal but I thought I would mention it here if it is a bug.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom