Expression Pedal direct to axe fx 2 and tuner at heel down, increment at toe up

trueresource

Inspired
Hi folks, im glad to be among the fx2 owners. just got mine a few weeks ago and picked up a "Next Step" EHx expression pedal. I finally figured out how to make it control preset vol but notice some issues and would like to expand the capabilities:

Issues: when heel is down volume will at first lower, then go max volume without the pedal moving.

Expanded desire1: I would like this pedal to initialize the tuner when the heel is down.

Expanded desire2: The Next Step by Electro Harmonix operates using ipad like technology- when the toe is at its most forward position it acts like a switch. like the ipad this pedal has no moving parts but rather detects its position. im hoping the toe down position can increment the preset selection. I only use 5 presets so I would for example have to toe down 5 times to get to patch 5 then one more toe dow goes back to patch one. I have no plans to get the mfc 101 as im trying to keep my equipment transport load lite.

I'm not familiar enough with midi cc to tell you how to get this done, but that expression pedal is a terrible idea. You can leave it in heel or toe position, everything else requires your foot be on it...? Or am I missing something?

Yea I appreciate your oppinion about the pedal. Im still within my 30 day return policy. I only want it for Volume, Wah, tuner and patch increment. If I get it working I can always take the knowledge learn to a new pedal with some modifications. So im moving forward with the idea. Beleive it or not it wont stay in the heel down position. I most likely will replace it. Please help with my questions if you can.

Back
Top Bottom