expression pedal clean to dirty morph and more

Jeff Engler

Inspired
goes from clean to dirty with similiar apparent volume through the sweep of the pedal using the Bogner Fish model. Give it a try. Included phase and octave efx for fun.
exp1-wah
exp2- clean to scream control
exp3- delay rev wetness
exp4-volume block for convienence
also included a boost at the end in case the band gets loud

Attachments

• Clean2ScreamMorphingexport.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 101
Awesome! I did this with my Mustang back in the day to great effect! I love using expression pedals to control versus switches. I'll be downloading this when I can and giving it a go!

Gave this preset a try last night. Good stuff! Nice and wet with solid clean and plenty of juice on tap once you brought the expression pedal up.

I actually copied your trick to my go to preset. For me; this works much better than X\Y or preset switching as I stay on the same amp even in those situations, just change the amount of gain and input trim levels. Works like a charm!

Glad you got something from it. The trick is to get the expression curves right on the 4 main parameters (input trim, input gain, master volume, and MV trim) so it reacts without big volume jumps. Each amp responds a bit differently I find.

I have a mission sp1, If I hook it up to the MFC 101 will it just automatically work with the preset or do I need to do something to it. I had trouble getting it to operate correctly before and got frustrated and it has sat for a while but I would love to be able to use it. This was even after going the Chris Ks set up video

I have a mission sp1, If I hook it up to the MFC 101 will it just automatically work with the preset or do I need to do something to it. I had trouble getting it to operate correctly before and got frustrated and it has sat for a while but I would love to be able to use it. This was even after going the Chris Ks set up video
This preset is for the AX8. You'll likely have to do some work to convert it and get it working with an Axe-FX II/MFC-101 setup.

I have been able to get the frac tool to convert AX8 files so I figured it would work, just don't know if sp1 will work or not but i will just give it a shot

Glad you got something from it. The trick is to get the expression curves right on the 4 main parameters (input trim, input gain, master volume, and MV trim) so it reacts without big volume jumps. Each amp responds a bit differently I find.
I got to play loud the other night and found I needed to tweak the exp curve on my preset to match yours. I am using a Friedman BE for my amp and at lower volumes; I didn't notice the jump in levels as much. When playing loud; it was a pretty big level bump. I copied your curve settings to my preset but kept input gain and trim settings the same. Much better imo.

I got to play loud the other night and found I needed to tweak the exp curve on my preset to match yours. I am using a Friedman BE for my amp and at lower volumes; I didn't notice the jump in levels as much. When playing loud; it was a pretty big level bump. I copied your curve settings to my preset but kept input gain and trim settings the same. Much better imo.
Nice. It certainly could use some tweaking. Especially with different amps other than what I used. Please post your modified version .

Back
Top Bottom