Expression pedal calibration basics.

TakaraGold

Experienced
Hi guys,
Just wanted to ask if I followed the steps correctly with my 10k linear expression pedals. They are Nice Rack Canada pedals, and Im really happy with them. They weigh all together 3kilos. So they ease on the weight of my pedalboard.

I have them connected to the exp 1 and 2 of the mfc. Then I went to the mfc setup and set the min and max for both pedals according to the mfc readings. And then I went to the Axe's I/O and went to pedal calibration and it went perfect for the exp 1. Thats the one I use for wah and whammy (also pitch volume). I use it with autoengage and it just rocks after tweaking the pedal curve for a longer ramp.
Now for exp 2 I dont know if the Axe detects automatically which pedal to calibrate, but I feel that exp2 is much harder to tweak for a good long and "expressive" sweep. It also doesnt reach the peak of the curve at max even after setting the MFC's min and max settings for exp2 which is intended for volume, and amp/drive blending.

Does the Axe calibrate all pedals, just by hitting enter on the I/O pedal calibration, and then rocking gently back and forth a couple times and then hitting enter to store separately on pedals 1 or 2, 3 and then 4?
I hope that is the way it does it and I dont have to try the following:

Can I fool the Axe by switching pedal 2 for 1, calibrating with the Axe, and then switching pedals again?
Eventhough that would be the worst since I would have to cut the safety strips on my exp pedals/pedalboard to switch the cables (the cable jacks are fit snug and cant be pulled without removing the pedals)

So far the exp pedal1 for wah/whammy is glorious. Long and easy to tweak. For whammy it works wonderful, finally I can forget about the carrying the whammy. Now I have it, true bypass and with auto engage!

The exp2 pedal can be tweaked to get to the top of the curve, but it requires extreme curve mods and the starting point doesnt feel natural since I have to set start at around 8,9%

It all sounds wonderful anyhow. But Id just love to get the same response on both pedals. I did all the right steps, if Im not mistaken.

Hope someone might know something about it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-554265795.jpg
    image-554265795.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 47
When I hear about Nice Rack Canada pedals...

Attachments

• Barney-USA-vs.-Canada.jpg
    Barney-USA-vs.-Canada.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 27
At the end of the expression pedal video I show how to calibrate pedals. Again this is done on the MFC not the axe.

Back
Top Bottom