Expression pedal behavior

Gearhead

Inspired
This is most probably a very dumb thing to ask, but I can't figure it out by myself.

I have a Mission pedal connected to the MFC as a volume pedal. It's calibrated and works.
I often fade in chords but I want to have the current one sound while I fade in a new one. With my Mission, the sound is gone when I pull the pedal all the way back. Is that a question of range or spill-over?

Hope this isn't too confusing - any help appreciated

Not sure if I got it right,
you want to have both presets active or something?
You can't have 2 presets from AxeFx at once if that's what you are asking.

No, that's not what I meant. When fading in chords I want the current one resonate while I change chords and then I push the pedal down and the next chords fades in. Is that clearer?

You have the Volume pedal set to OUTPUT1 VOLUME

Change it to INPUT VOLUME.

Perhaps the easiest way to do this is right in the Axe-Fx:

Go to I/O:CONTROL

Change OUT1 VOLUME to 10
Change INPUT VOLUME to 11

Done.

Matman said:
You have the Volume pedal set to OUTPUT1 VOLUME

Change it to INPUT VOLUME.

Perhaps the easiest way to do this is right in the Axe-Fx:

Go to I/O:CONTROL

Change OUT1 VOLUME to 10
Change INPUT VOLUME to 11

Done.

But isn't that just regular input volume pedal behavior?
From his post I thought he wanted something more complex
aka freezing sound while he fades in with next chord.
Maybe it's just some delay or reverb that makes it "sound" while next chord is faded in?

I put a volume/panner block right after my amp stuff, cab, peq etc etc. ALWAYS befor my reverbs, delays flange chorus.
That way always lets the effects ring out after i "heel down" on the pedal. This is absolutely essential for volume swells and fade in effect.

Put the V/P block in the chain as recommended above. Set the block to "volume" of course. Set the "source" to external 1.
Go to the MFC-101 and hit edit....setup....page x14 (i think) Follow manuel instructions for calibration. Hit setup again, Preset, page x 8, set "global" parameter to #16 wich is the control # for external#1. Works like a charm and never cuts off your time based effects when "heel down". It will also carry some of the modulation with the delays and verbs as well.

Back
Top Bottom