Expression Pedal Advice

thanks i down loaded a patch that had a rotary that worked with the pedal so i looked see how they did it .i had only put p1 it needed fc p1

Hey Guys, I'm new to the whole expression pedal thing. I've noticed a lot of people get two expression pedals - one for wah and one for other expression duties. Can someone explain the need for this? I dont use a lot of wah, now and then - so couldnt I just do all of this with one expression pedal? Cheers
FYI,

I ran 1 exp pedal with the AX8, and decided to add a 2nd exp pedal, but found that I was so used to used just one, that I hardly ever used the 2nd exp. I think the biggest reason you would have two exps, would be for a dedicated vol pedal.

I use a expression pedal to go back and forth between amps. I dont know why but I just prefer it. I have another set to morph into a wetter setting for some solos....
And then there is one for wah, whammy, speed of the trem, etc...

But yes, you can do it all with just one pedal.
Hi @Dickie Fredericks , would you be willing to share your insights on the morphing in your preset setup? I'm looking for a way to use one of my expression pedals to cross fade / morph between regular modelling output 1 and DI signal from output 3 (= linked to input 1) to my external mxr m222 talk box. I know how to do this by on/off scene/channel switching but would like a more natural and gradual transition. Thanks!

//EDIT// found a reference to a Cooper Carter vid at G66.eu in another thread where he explains how to achieve this with 2 volume blocks. Quite easy actually; why couldn’t I come up with this myself :rage:

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I'm new to the whole expression pedal thing. I've noticed a lot of people get two expression pedals - one for wah and one for other expression duties. Can someone explain the need for this? I dont use a lot of wah, now and then - so couldnt I just do all of this with one expression pedal? Cheers

I have two expressions pedals:

1- One of them is always assigned to the volume effect.

2- The other one is assigned to control simultaneously both the wah and the whammy blocks. These two blocks are arranged in parallel and they join together into - multiplexer. This multiplexer selects on or the other by the use of a footswitch. This way, if i have the wah selected and I want the whammy, all I have to do is step on the footswitch.

With this method, both blocks are active all the time, and the pedal sweeps will affect both simultaneously, but the signal will only pass through the one I select with the multiplexer.

In summary, i have two expression pedals and an on/off switch to control three effects. I suppose you could also do the same with only a single expression pedal and an on/off switch to cycle through 3 effects

Back
Top Bottom