Expression Connection ?

Cem

Experienced
Is "Stereo" cable a must to use my Ep-1 with MFC ?

Or can I do that with a Mono Cable?

Since its designed to be compatible with the Line-6 EX-1 the EP-1 should have a 1/4" TS socket (tip-sleeve aka mono connection) and therefore possibly won't work properly with the MFC-101 whether you use a TS/mono or TRS/stereo cable. What exactly a TRS/stereo cable does compared to a mono cable will depend on the sockets and wiring inside both the pedal and MFC-101. Sorry I've not tried this, you may be able to get it to work, but that might even require rewiring the internals of the pedal and replacing the socket with a TRS one.

Has anybody actually played with an EX-1 or EP-1? with the MFC-101?

Darryl

They accidentally sent me an EP-1 L6 instead of an EP-1 so I had to resolder mine. The EP-1, if I remember correctly, had the red and green tied together and a unused lug. I believe I moved the green wire to the unused lug and then it worked.

Use a multimeter to confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
7e5d91e0.jpg

Green is tip, red is sleeve black is ground.

The Mission EP-1 and SP-1 are designed to work with the MFC-101 and use a 1/4" TRS-TRS (aka stereo or balanced) cable. There is lots of information on mission-engineering.com about this. The Mission EP1-L6 is intended only for use with Line 6 devices and uses a mono cable. Mission.

7e5d91e0.jpg

Green is tip, red is sleeve black is ground.

Very useful posts Luke, and very easy since Mission conviniently use a partially wired TRS jack in this pedal--that answered all my earlier questions. BTW you can also remove the fixed resistor and just use the potentiometer, that should provide a more linear/slightly easier to calibrate pedal.

Darryl

Back
Top Bottom