Experienced users! Tips and tricks for new Axe user, please?

1. It's all about the CABS!
2. Read the wiki faqs on amps and cabs
3. Learn to do the basics (e.g. using the front panel controls)

and most importantly
4. Use your EARS and have some goddamn FUN!

use the tape sims in the cab block !

Instantly makes it fit better in the mix. I like the tape50us and 70.

Interesting...always looking for better ways to make heavy guitars sit better, as I'm kind of a noob when it comes to recordings. Thanks for the tip, man!

Interesting...always looking for better ways to make heavy guitars sit better, as I'm kind of a noob when it comes to recordings. Thanks for the tip, man!

I hardly ever use metal tones, but my go to setting is the tape50us, drive and saturation at 0. Be sure to select high quality mode. Adjust EQ to taste after adjusting the amp itself.

Man he threw up a vid last night that would have taken me hours to figure out on my own...dude solved any eventual problem I might have had in that area in less than 10 minutes. Subscribed for sure. Thanks for the tip!

$ came through....XL+ in the cart and ordering next week. Man I can't wait for this thing to show up and dig into it. Thanks for all the tips, you guys. Pretty helpful forum!

2 of my 3 have already been mentioned, as far as being able to "hit the ground running" from day one of ownership.
AxeFxTutorials.com
-and-
Axe-Fx II Wiki Home

But the 3rd is a specific area on the Wiki site, Yek's page :
Yeks How Tos - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

For an Axe newbie, I owe Fractals most valuable artist in residence, Mark Day, a debt of gratitude for getting me to take the plunge in the first place !

2 of my 3 have already been mentioned, as far as being able to "hit the ground running" from day one of ownership.
AxeFxTutorials.com
-and-
Axe-Fx II Wiki Home

But the 3rd is a specific area on the Wiki site, Yek's page :
Yeks How Tos - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

For an Axe newbie, I owe Fractals most valuable artist in residence, Mark Day, a debt of gratitude for getting me to take the plunge in the first place !

Recognize you from one of the forums...you a RigTalk guy? How are you liking it so far?

Recognize you from one of the forums...you a RigTalk guy? How are you liking it so far?

Absolutely love it.
I took baby steps at first because I was unsure if I would stay, and then realized what I had been missing.
I bought the Axe XL+, and then a Matrix 1000 power amp a few days later.....and seriously could not be happier.
A++ for Cliff, Mark Day, and FAS

Back
Top Bottom