Experienced Deep Delay Divers - a challenge.

scorch

Experienced
I've been a pretty simple guy when it comes to time domain effects, (delay, reverb, modulation, etc.). I've used a simple slapback delay on one side and a nice reverb on the other. Mostly because they tended to mush each other up if combined. Used this for years.

Enter the new Keeley Halo. I've been watching videos about this thing and in has me very intrigued. The 'halo' setting, (Andy Timmons also called it an 'aura' around the note) has depth and shimmer but somehow keeps all this stuff going on from piling up on itself. It decays into a type of shimmer that is beautiful.

Unfortunately, I have no depth of knowledge on this...as in I don't even know what to start looking for to begin.

The Axe III has many types of delays and very sophisticated ones. Are there any that could be good starting places for getting something like that 'halo' effect?

It's a new pedal so most people probably haven't heard it in person.

Anyone interested in the challenge? It really is a beautiful sound. Better not wait for me, I'm so delay dumb, it would be the equivalent to expect Shakespeare from a monkey with a typewriter.

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom