Expansion port not working on Axe FX II

Guitarsolo

Inspired
Hey Cats....I have an mfc-101. At some point the expansion port stopped working, so I figured it was from all the people who walked by my rig and stepped on the plug attached to the mfc. After awhile, i figured i'd save up and order a new MFC with the improved expansion port.

I finally got around to programming the mfc ver 2 with the improved expansion port. I copied ALL the settings from the original mfc i have, because i can't get AE to work...( thats for another post...)

Well, the expansion port STILL doesn't work. Yes, i have expansion selected under the midi menu on the mfc. Am I missing something? Or is it that the port that is damaged is on the Axe FX itself? Is there any way to check? The cable is supplying power to the new mfc. I tried two different ethernet type cables both with the same result.

MFC powers on but none of the buttons effects/affects the settings on the AXE FX II. Perhaps there's a setting on the AXE FX I have set improperly. When i switch over to midi with the new mfc 2, it works just fine.

I'm trying to use the axe pad app with my iPad, so i can edit sounds live on the gig. But i think since the midi port is already being used by the mfc, i won't be able to use it until i get the expansion port working.

Is this a software issue? If it turns out to be a hardware issue, is there a kit or some way to replace the expansion port on my mfc?

As always, thank you all in advance for making this forum such a cool place!

contact support: the RJ-45 box is probably broken.
it happened to me and G66 (GREAT SUPPORT !!) fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom