Expanding Foot with ability with MFC-101?

Jocarios

Question for the group.... I have no way of testing this myself... Does anyone know if it is possible to expand foot switch abilities with use of the MFC-101 or another similar midi foot controller? What I am trying to do is be able to change scenes and presets and possibly turn on and off different effects, without having to eat up the 8 footswitch buttons on the AX8 itself, so I can keep available for things like the new momentary latching features, etc.... i.e. instead of assigning scenes to one of the 1-8 footswitches, I could instead use the 1-8 for actual effect toggling for example, and use the external midi to change scenes... Is this possible, and if so does it introduce any lag in changing between scenes that wouldn't really be there when directly using the AX8 itself... Or on the flip side, same question about lag, but instead using the external midi to toggle the effect blocks on and off, and using the 1-8 on the AX8 for the CS functions, or scene selections?

I played with a FCB1010 connected to my AX-8. it seemed to change scenes and other CC# commands ok but there was a great latency when using the 2 fcb expression pedals. the AX-8 expression jacks still worked as they normally do.

I use a morning star mc6 to give me 6 more foot switches and love it.
I normally have it set to do 6 presets, but you could do scenes if you like.
Great size too.

Last edited:
I use a morning star mc6 to give me 6 more for switches and love it.
I normally have it set to do 6 presets, but you could do scenes of you like.
Great size too.
Glad to hear this works. I've got a MC6 coming and hoping to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom