Expander for MFC-101

mworkman

Experienced
Cliff I don't know if you would be willing to comment but as I understand it the MFC-101 has a port for some sort of expander that adds more IA switches.

My current setup uses the FX-1 with an expander. I like having all those switches available but I would like to also have some of the newer features of the MFC-101.

In the shipment you are receiving does that include any expander units? If not, are they still in your plans? Then of course when? I won't hold you to a date and if you don't want to give one out I totally understand.

Thanks. And congrats on launching the MFC-101.

Premier Guitar had this to say about the expansion module:

"The MFC-101 supports four expression pedals and four switches via rear panel jacks, and an expansion port allows connecting a planned module to increase the on board switch count to 43."

I just want to know how huge the expansion is going to have to be to bring the switch count up to 43. :)

That's odd; i was pretty sure that the expansion port will be for the neural interface that Cliff is working on right now.

goodwill559 said:
That's odd; i was pretty sure that the expansion port will be for the neural interface that Cliff is working on right now.

I expect it to be wireless, so that I don't have to attach any cables to my body ...

Cliff recently mentioned that he has two things he is working on besides the MFC-101 and that neither of them is the Axe-PC. My guess would be the expander (since you know people will be asking for it soon after they get their MFC-101's) and a smaller version fo the MFC-101 (MFC-102 perhaps?). My guess is that both are near completion from a design standpoint but both need some software work and the significant work it takes to actually get them into production.

Disclaimer: Please note this is all pure speculation on my part.

Gytaxor said:
goodwill559 said:

I expect it to be wireless, so that I don't have to attach any cables to my body ...

I think that it can interface with a wired or wireless module:

119b_fictional-tech-we-wish-were-real-guy-gear.jpg

Back
Top Bottom