exp pedal wah controller help

jay

Hi.
I am setting up my exp pedal, an ernie ball volume pedal to control the wah. The sweep for the frequency range with this pedal is quite limited, i'm only getting to around 35% at the top. I thought I saw a post before about a parameter you can adjust to increase the range of a pedal, I looked for it but can't find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about or can give me some advice on this?
Thanks.

ya, i tried that several times. it seems the pedal only affects the wah in half the motion of the pedal, starting at midpoint to the toe end..

Are you using an Ernie Ball with an actual expression out connector or is it just a regular volume pedal with in and out? For an expression out you need to use a stereo (TRS -TRS) cable to connect to the pedal to the Axe. If it's a regular volume pedal you need to use a stereo insert cable. If you can advise how the pedal is cabled to the Axe and I can help more. James

It's a regular volume pedal. I just tried a stereo insert cable it didn't seem to make a difference, I was just using 1 cable into the output before. I've got one on my eclipse and after calibrated goes to 70% which I can manually program to 100% but I can't see a way to set this on the axefx.

just to make sure, a stereo insert cable is one of these http://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSSTP20. You plug the stereo end into the axe pedal input and the two mono ends into the input and output on the EB. If it doesn't work, try reversing the input and output cables. Which model of EB is it? There are a few folks on the forum using EB's with the Axe with success I believe. James.

This is the pedal I have http://www.zzounds.com/item--ERN6166.
Looking at the picture in the link you put up I am using the wrong type of cable. Mine is a female stereo to the 2 1/4" mono's and I only have mono cable to go to that from the axe so it's not splitting anything. I'll have to pick one up as soon as I can, hopefully that will do the trick!
Thanks James

Cool. That would explain it. Without the split the axe won't get the full travel of the potentiometer in the EB, which is probably why you are not getting to 100%. The right cable should fix it. James.

Back
Top Bottom