Exp pedal stopped turning off

Suke

Hey Folks,
On my AX8 I have 2 expression pedals, one for Wah and one for speed of modulation (phaser). They are both set to auto-engage (med speed). They have been working great, step on the pedal, I hear wah, leave pedal with the foot down and wah turns off.
At a festival last weekend, I realized my wah pedal was still on when I returned it to the heel position. I figured it was the little knob on the side that adjusts the threshold. I checked it and zeroed the knob but the wah was still on. I had to change presets to get it to turn off.
Once I got home the same problem was happening to the mod exp pedal. I thought I had a broken exp pedal. BUT it happens with all 3 exp pedals I own (and I've recalibrated all 3 pedals)
Now I have to turn off auto engage (still use exp pedal for speed) and need to use one of my precious footswitches to turn the phaser on and off.
Any idea what is happening? I really love having my Wah and phaser auto engage. It had been working fine for the last 5 months since I bought the ax8. Thank you!

Try using another pedal input, and reassigning the wah to respond to it. I had the same issue with another controller and found it was the pedal input itself causing the issue. I swapped from Exp 1 to Exp 2 and reassigned the wah to Exp 2... fixed.

I’m assuming someone stepped on the cable and messed up the connector on mine, but as it has 4 (like the AX8) I had spares to try. It’s worth a shot!

Hey Rick, thanks for the reply. So I reassigned my mod exp pedal to ext3 instead of ext2 and it is all working, for now. It's really weird that on Sat on stage it was the wah on ext1 that had the problem. The next day it was ext2. So I've labeled the current exp pedals so I can keep track of which is which (both Nektar exp pedals). I was really hoping my cheap exp pedals were the problem and not one of my ext jacks. I'll see what happens next.

It sounds like you’re headed in a nice, orderly direction to test. I’m sure you’ll locate the guilty party!

Back
Top Bottom