Exp pdl init to 0 after each scene change ???

jimmy01

Hi all
Very strange, my expression pedal is defaulting to 0% after every scene change within a preset.
This is not how it was working before
I think my young son may have tweaked an unknown setting somewhere
Any ideas???

cheers,
Jimmy

What is the pedal connected to? What is it controlling in the preset?

Posting the preset and/or a video of what's happening would help determine the issue.

Hi Bakerman, thanks for responding.
It's a Boss FV-500L attached to EXP PDLS 1 on the MFC
Perhaps if you can tell me how to ensure each scene or preset grabs the exp pdls current position, I think if I check that setting globally or each preset that might be a good place to start. I've tried PC RESET in the EDIT MODIFIER menu with no luck.
The exp pedal can controlling many things, in some presets its controlling the "Input Drive" level.

Trying to upload video, but it's taking a while. Any suggestions in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Jimmy

Which Axe-FX model & firmware version?

Is the problem only when switching between presets?

To have modifier reflect current pedal position on recall of a new preset, PC RST should be off.

If there's an issue when switching scenes within a single preset, I'm not sure what the problem or cause would be. That video might provide some clues. Upload the preset too if possible.

If the pedal isn't taking control on a new preset until reaching heel-down position, check its "beginning value" on MFC. There's a global setting and each MFC preset can use that or override it with another setting. Beginning value should either be "off" or "pedal" for this to work, not a specific CC value.

Axe FX 2 XL
Quantum 8.02
MFC FW Version 3.08

It's not just between presets, but also between scenes

Presets uploaded!

thanks!

Attachments

• Ice Intro TD.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Ice TD.syx
This preset 1945 is the one that is doing a similar thing between scenes 1 & 2. Exp pdl back to 0 and backs off the drive on scene 2, bring the drive level back up on scene 2, then switch back to scene 1 and it drops back to drive level low or 0.

Attachments

• 1945.syx
Is that in the MFC? ... sorry disregard, you just said that :)
will give it a try now
If the pedal isn't taking control on a new preset until reaching heel-down position, check its "beginning value" on MFC. There's a global setting and each MFC preset can use that or override it with another setting. Beginning value should either be "off" or "pedal" for this to work, not a specific CC value.
You are a legend Bakerman!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The XP1 setting had been switched to 000 instead of PDL.
Champion, thanks so much, it was doing my head in!!!!!

If I electrify the MFC so that if the kids stand on it they will get a small electric shock, kind of like sheep hitting a fence ... is that legal?
:)

Back
Top Bottom