EXIVIOUS - featuring members of CYNIC & TEXTURES

DNW said:
Question though... that solo in Arsurim that starts at about 45 seconds in... what the hell is making those f-ed up sounds? :shock:

Thnx for the nice words!!! That solo sound is all Axe-FX, pretty complex patch with a million parameters assigned to the expression pedal. I'll share it sometime when I get home and have a chance to get some patches online.

Tymon said:
Thnx for the nice words!!! That solo sound is all Axe-FX, pretty complex patch with a million parameters assigned to the expression pedal. I'll share it sometime when I get home and have a chance to get some patches online.

Interesting to hear it's all from the Axe, and definitely interested to see the patch when you get a chance. The sound reminded me of Thordendal going mental with his breath controller, so I thought maybe you were using something like that.

Listened all last night... woke up this morning and put it on... put it on for hour long the drive in to work... and no doubt will put it on here at work when I decide it's time for some music. :lol: The more I listen, the more I get sucked into it. And brilliant playing from everyone. Again, great work! :cool:

We now offer a cheaper alternative to our unique edition album. You can buy our digipack version for only 11,99 euros including shipping costs, world wide!

If you do want to get your hands on a limited unique edition CD, now is the time because they are almost sold out. They are going for 21,99 euros including shipping costs, world wide.

Any chance for signature / genuine patch from this CD ? Axe sounds awesome on album ... maybe some transcriptions too ... :)

I've been on Cynic show in Croatia , and sure it was awesome show ... Paul and Tymon were both using Axe's and sound was very , very good live ... no difference from CD :)

I hope Exivious will come to Croatia some day , they should have supported Cynic on this tour , as two members are in both bands :) ... really nice guys and fantastic virtuoso players ...

Tymon said:
We now offer a cheaper alternative to our unique edition album. You can buy our digipack version for only 11,99 euros including shipping costs, world wide!

If you do want to get your hands on a limited unique edition CD, now is the time because they are almost sold out. They are going for 21,99 euros including shipping costs, world wide.

Still interested in hearing the details of that Asurim lead sound. ;)

To be quite frank, this CD is still blowing me away. If OSI didn't happen to have put out another brilliant CD this year, this would easily be my favourite CD for the year so far. Alas, they did put one out... so you're tied for 1st place instead. :p

[/fanboy] :mrgreen:

While i absolutely love Cynic's latest as well, I like the increased dynamics of the production on Exivious disc more! The drums are especially realistic sounding. I ealize there is a lot more to mix carefully with the Cynic material, in fact, I keep hearing new layers in the background... but the drums sound SQUASHED. When the first track slowly builds and builds, and the vocals kick in, it's anticlimactic because the volume has nowhere to go but down. Not so with Exivious! :)
tyman, couldn't you just mix/master the next Cynic for us? :)
Hell, take a crack at Death Magnetic too *LOL* maybe redoing the guitars through the axe.

Yeah I'll share the patches if I get a chance to get them off the Axe and name them properly (they all have code names only I can identify because putting names in the Axe is a PAIN IN THE ^@% haha). They're all made for firmware 5.18 though and a lot of them feature homemade impulses. So some work has to be done to make them sound like they should again I guess.

JMZ93, thanks man! I spend a lot of time on the production so that's great to hear! It was also my graduation project for my composition & music production studies I was doing, so I had good reasons to spend a lot of time on it ;)

Rickboot, thanks for ordering, hope you'll like it! :)

EXIVIOUS IS NO MORE

Dear Exivious community,

For the first time since the release of our debut album back in May of 2009 I'm afraid we have to bring some really sad news. After careful consideration we decided to officially pull the plug on Exivious.

It's not a secret that this band and the album we released last year are very dear to me personally, but also to the rest of the band who put in the best their talent and creativity had to offer to create something really unique. But besides our personal experience, we feel all of you out there who supported us the past year are part of our Exivious community as well and as such you guys deserve a proper explanation of what's happening.

We're in a situation right now where we are simply unable to give Exivious the attention and love we believe it deserves. All four of us are completely consumed by other activities and it doesn't seem like this is going to change anytime soon. So instead of slowly letting our beloved band bleed to death, we rather put it to sleep ourselves.

In retrospect, we were completely blown away by the overwhelmingly positive response from both our listeners but also the press who reviewed our album. Never did we expect to get such a warm and enthusiastic reaction to our crazy music. With this in mind we'd like to thank all of you who supported us by picking up a copy of our album in the past year!

As most of you know we started things off by offering a luxurious limited edition of which we only printed a thousand copies. We're happy to announce we're sold out! The digipack version of our album is still available through our website and a select group of retailers.

Last but not least, we'd like to end this sad message with some good news. For the first time in Exivious history we're offering a t-shirt in our online shop which features the artwork of our debut album! Pre-orders are available at http://www.exivious.net.

Yours sincerely,
Tymon
Exivious

Ugh, that's sad and very bad news to me :cry:

I ordered my ltd. ed. copy in last year's july, and while it took some time it really grew on me
and finally ended up as one of my favorite and most played records during the last months...

Why not just giving the band a break instead of a final end?
Well, you surely know better and made the most appropriate decision.

I'll hope for some kind of reunion/revival though ;)
All the best to you and the other guys!

btw, what about sharing those Exivious patches? would be a shame if they didn't get used :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom